1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 - Fuel Pump Not Priming

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by RickyX, Sep 3, 2020.

1. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. More like:

1_Russell-Granta.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Who is that?

4. Andy :eyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Doh...just realised who it is.

6. o_O

7. So, I’m planning to change the wiring on my fuel pump tomorrow.

Questions
    Do I need to take off the black shroud to be able to remove the wiring and the “bung” thing that seals it into the pump base flange?
    If so, how is the best way to remove the one way clip things?
    Also, how do I take out the bung thing - which way does it come out, into the tank or away from the tank direction?
    Edit: just seen there is a flange on the bung so it has to come out away from the tank.

08A6BE31-173E-4FEC-898B-35837DF1D973.jpeg F6047EFA-8F1B-4860-9064-C98B151046A3.jpeg C5694985-0CA4-47EB-AC57-95F22CB33D9F.jpeg EEA44484-5125-40C9-A7B8-E357584D841C.jpeg

8. Hi,

yes you have to remove the black plastic part. carefully use a flat screwdriver to remove the clips ... take your time, you want to reuse them. After having removed the upper black cover you have access to the part, which is secured by a snap ring, that also has to be removed. Done that you can push the part out.

Andreas

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Brilliant - that’s what I reckoned I’d need to do but just wanted to hear from someone who’d done it already.
    Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Also...how can I get the fuel filter clips off without a special tool?

7AEEE05F-B1E8-495C-93EC-519C6A85E48A.jpeg

11. I used a junior hacksaw

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Cut them off and replace.. they are call oetiker clips

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. To reinstall I used some pincers to compress the ears.

14. I found them Oetiker 123 single ear clips.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Got the clips and shroud off. Bit of a fiddly job.

16. how many cups of Italian coffee have you got through during strip-down so far R?

17. Just a couple...
    Put this to one side now as I haven’t got a fuel filter, o ring or any hose clips yet, so no rush apart from the excitement to see if it’s fixed when it all goes back together.
    Went for a breezy cycle ride to chill.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I haven't got any spare filters either at the mo or might have been an excuse to pop out today.

• Like Like x 1
  19. It’s ok, got one at P&H waiting for me.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information