1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Rd To Track Bike

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by chizel, Nov 5, 2018.

• Like Like x 1
  1. Yep, that’s it. Just holds the clocks and the top of the Fairing. Works a treat with Fairings similar to the ones you have got.

Everything held on with dzus...takes about 4 seconds to remove everything.

• Like Like x 1
  2. what about where the top of the fairings meet the nose cone? or if that is what you mean, what holds the top of the nose cone where the mirror support brackets are or would have been? the one cooky posted seems to deal with both these areas.. or am i missing something?
    sorry, its just hard for me to picture having never seen one fitted

3. I’ll post a pic tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  4. much appreciated mate,

5. Here's mine - should give you an idea...

IMG_4887.JPG IMG_4888.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  6. @chizel here’s some pics.
    The Fairing attaches with one dzus each side near where the mirrors normally would fit.
    No attachments at the bottom of the nose.
    The side Fairings then attach to the nose with one dzus each side next to the intake hole.
    I have a separate belly pan that attaches to the oil cooler bracket at the front and I made some brackets near the brake pedal on the right and one that protrudes above the side stand. These hold the back of the belly pan.
    The side fairings have 3 dzus along the lower edge to attach to the pan.
    It’s all very solid and doesn’t rattle around at all.

5B2A9FB4-E37A-4053-B781-100330289BBF.jpeg B51353C2-DCAC-4CF2-9816-D53FCF12B4BC.jpeg A4930712-5BAB-4332-9A3C-A2263603E230.jpeg D3421CD5-7DD2-40AF-B8FA-519D4497A10A.jpeg

7. Ahhhhh. .. that all makes sense...
    Lot better idea of what I'm looking for now, thanks dude!
    Just rang the guys in cookys link and they don't stock the db holders ones any more but are gunna send me a pic/info of the ones they can get in for me ..

8. No probs. Got the day off to spend in the man cave investigating my most likely knackered sprag clutch on the 1098R.
    749R slumming it in the log cabin/family dumping area to give me extra space in the garage!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Can you trace it back from the part number quoted?
    Or...ask the vendor?

10. yes mate thats it front loom section replaces all the headlight shoite the only reservation is matching the main connector to your type of main connector on your loom, two different shapes dependent on age i believe!

11. hmmm... guess ill have to pull some more bits off and try and find the connector!

12. Connector is on LH frame downtube just above battery box. Big thing...you won’t miss it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ideally you take the headlamp off complete with the loom stuff still inside it........doh!

14. Termi cans have straps and rivets.
    OEM are just welded.
    My bike came with a gutted oem can with termi size outlets and is straight through.

#38 Old rider, Nov 11, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  15. 20181111_112440.jpg looks like it's stainless maybe? Certainly different material the the 2 standard ones I have

16. Is it an asymmetric system? Are the inlet pipes to the silencer the same diameter?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information