1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Rd To Track Bike

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by chizel, Nov 5, 2018.

1. not oem, looks like Termi to me

• Like Like x 1
  2. IMG-20181111-WA0004.jpg IMG-20181111-WA0003.jpg

3. Is that it in first pic? What happens to the mass of cables in the 2nd?

4. the first pic is the ign switch etc
    the second picture is what that new front loom will connect to..

5. so there is a connector further back on that big loom? i cant see one, do i need the air box off or something?

6. That’s not it - it’s further aft than that.

Why have I got a German flag next to my avatar??

7. spy?! i think i have found the plug, its a big round job just above the battery box and links ti that ignition one... it was behind the powercomander that was cable tied to the frame... looks like i have to remove a bit of stuff to get that section of loom out between rad and frame etc... and install new one...hard to see in there... but it looks like the one on ebay has correct plug.. is £90 reasonable?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. @chizel ring rich at louigi moto mate he can get race looms made, or if you get stuck my mate actually makes um for louigi moto but is mega busy.

9. Ich bin ein Berliner....

90 quid sounds reasonable to me if it fits (round plug) as it is brand new genuine Ducati part.

• Like Like x 2
  10. they came with the front subframe from ducati i think i paid over 200quid for both back in the day.
    I doubt you will get a bespoke front loom for that money!

oh hello ET

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. according to the ad it is a new ducati item and looks to have the round plug

12. well ive ordered the one offa ebay... hope its correct, its the same part number that the chap on face book was running on his 03...
    entering the part number brings up a few companies that did sell em but are out of stock but they were £100-140 ish...

• Like Like x 2
  13. If its not the round one, i have one you can have, i just cut it off my front loom.

• Like Like x 2
  14. evening chums...
    what do people do in regards to switch gear and ignition? ditch the lot and just run a starter button and kill switch? keep the ignition for security?
    thinking id get a day time mot for it ... if i ditch the switch gear what would i do for the fast idle lever?

15. Has your key got an imobilizer chip in it mate?? If it has your need to keep it

16. errrrr.... does it? do they?

17. It does, mate. If you have a 749 dash and ecu, you have an immobilizer.

#57 Loz, Nov 14, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Its a passive key I think, the antenna is located in the key barrel cover and passes through to the dash.

19. so no ignition no run? not the end of the world... the only reason in my mind for losing it was less clutter and less parts that can fail...
    what about the fast idle thingy iffa i lose the switch gear?

20. I took mine apart recently, it is just pulling on a cable much like a brake lever, shouldn't be too hard to rig something up on the bar.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information