1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Rd To Track Bike

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by chizel, Nov 5, 2018.

1. i was thinking similar.. but thought there might be an of the shelf solution... perhaps once its tuned properly it wont need it! my 748 starts without one and just ticks over... its a fucken peach....

2. I will have the same problem when I deal with the front end of my project, I think the best route would be, getting one of the remote brake adjusters and hooking the cable up to that, that's the least unsightly way I could think of without having to design something new in cad.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bin it and fit qa throttle

4. how will that help? mine has qa throttle...

5. it think part of the reason the 748 starts and idles so well is the bespoke black n white cables the the exige made for me.. the man is a leg end....

• Love You Love You x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Cannot remember the last time i used the fast idle on my T9. Maybe never.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. thats coz you dont ride it....

8. Oh yeah! Good point!

You freakish Muppet: o )

9. mr freakish muppet to you... peasant...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Is the fast idle not part of the throttle tube assembly ??

11. It's on the clutch side on the 749/999. Its not like a 9*6 button. It's like an old choke.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. not on the 49 no... its on the left.. the 48 has a lil button on the throttle side

13. i was about to say that!

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Ditch the fast idle lever, leave the cable connected at the engine end, tuck the other end towards where the headlamp was. You won't need it on a track bike in fact you dont really need it at all just warm the bike up at the track in the pits before you go out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. you can leave the key and immobiliser at least while you use the std ecu and dash...
    you can change to an on off switch instead of the key but keep the immobiliser loop and key taped together somewhere on the bike.

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. Or fit motec engine management ??

Do Not Sell My Personal Information