1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

750 F1 Clutch Master Cylinder

Discussion in 'Vintage' started by michael annely, May 16, 2019.

1. Hi does anyone know how to dismantle a 750 F1 clutch master cylinder?
    I thought I'd clean it out and run some fresh fluid through it, coz the bike's been stood for 20 years, but when I pulled the lever back to the bar it didn't return so I assumed the spring had given up but I can't figure out how to take it apart. There are no visible cir clips in the usual way, no grub screws etc so how does it come apart. Also I'll need a cylinder repair kit and I'm not sure where to get one.
    Any help appreciated as I don't want to end up fitting a non original part

2. Hi Michael
    If its a round master cylinder its pressed together. the last part fitted in the piston end is a tin washer that is flattened and expanded in position, this stops the whole thing flying apart. To get it apart you need a long thin punch or similar to push it out down the banjo bolt hole, a few sharp taps with a hammer will do it. Its probably a PS12 or 15 in which case i keep piston and seal kits. I would need to see a picture or you would need to measure the piston Dia when you get it out. I doubt the spring has snapped, sounds more like the seal has stuck

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Thanks Paddy that's really helpful. I'll get it apart and send some pics. Cheers

4. This is it in bits. I will need a new seal kit so if you can send me the ordering details please that'll be great.

IMG_3973.JPG

Do Not Sell My Personal Information