1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

765 Moto2 Test?

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by chizel, Oct 26, 2017.

1. would be great to see a brit bike in the gp! Maybe norton one day? I know ktm are in a different league financially but they are showing that new kids can hold their head up...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tell me about it... I grew up with old Triumphs and their name (along with Lucas etc) is permanently burned into the wrong part of my brain.

Good luck to em :beer:

3. Give KTM another 2 or 3 seasons and the big boys could have a mighty battle on their hands

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Would be fantastic! Yes KTM have come on very quickly this season, looks like they need some more HP though...

I dunno about Norton, it all depends on how much money any backers are willing to throw at it as trying to win in MotoGP isn't quick or cheap as we all know.

5. true that. I think they have their hands full trying to get or keep production of the v4 cranking and tt aspirations. The money for motogp must be astronomical... I know new players get concessions and some financial help but still it must be the biggest gamble ever.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yeah putting a bike on the grid at the TT is one thing, the flying circus and constant hard core development of MotoGP is a universe away.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Bear in mind Seeley's is also detuned a fair amount to meet supersport power.

8. I can tell you dear Bradders there was nothing detuned with what he was riding that day ;)

Sealey from F9 Silverstone 3.PNG

9. bearing in mind a supersport makes 140hp ;)

10. I was ;)

11. what does a current moto 2 bike make? And any guess on the triples figures?

12. thinking about it, if this was actual testing , would they maybe gear the bike so it's off the limiter alot to simulate racing or try and kill it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Around 160+ and 180+

14. They always seem to quote 140 on TV.

The 796 is meant to make a bit more, and quite a lot more with tuning. Be interesting to know if the M2 spec is moe standard, as the Honda is alleged to be.

A good 675 used in supersport will make 135+ RWHP. And need servicing every other round ;)

15. Yeah I hear numbers like that too, 145 etc, doesn't stack up with what they can do on the straights ime

16. Bear in mind how much speed they carry on to a straight, plus gearing. Hell, even the M3 boys pull 140mph!!

17. I am mate, I'm not that pissed yet

18. Yes you may well be right regards the current Moto2 bikes mate but that development mule was showing serious acceleration that day, if I remember and can be a*rsed I'll look through my data this weekend to see what my apex speed was just before that shot I posted above (I do remember catching that Pani between Vale and Club and choosing to back off just before Club to avoid riding pillion with him).

19. how much of the unreliability of Trumpets in proddy racing is down to the nature of production racing - ie starting from a road bike and making allowed changes?
    I would assume the Moto2 engines will be built to better than production-line tolerances with higher-spec parts all-round. What is the maintenance regime for Moto2 engines - obvs the team can't open them up but does the engine supplier do routine stuff on them during the season (eg valve checks/oil changes etc?)

• Like Like x 1
  20. @bradders here's my entry on to the International Pits Straight just before the shot posted earlier in this thread (where Sealey blasts pass both myself and the white Panigale) as mentioned earlier I'd had to back off going into Club to avoid hitting the Pani but my speed was only 12 MPH down on Marquez in FP1 running a 2:02 lap this September - Sealey is a faster rider than me but I doubt he's faster than Marquez, I was on WOT when Sealey passed and he was pulling away easily. If anything I'd guess me backing off for the Pani most likely caused Sealey to back off going into Club too but unfortunately I didn't have a rearward-facing camera running this session to verify that:

AD Club 2017.PNG MM Club 2017.PNG

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information