1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

765 Moto2 Test?

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by chizel, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Is there not some place in Spain that builds/refreshes the current honda engine?

2. were you sat on a ducati when you mentioned it?

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. @Air Duck you must be banging in some good times at Silverstone these days ?

I’d bet he’s not far off marquez mid corner tbh, and he is about half your size ;)

4. Haha you're so nice mate - he's about 1/3rd my size max! :kissing_heart:

It's getting there mate and better than when you and I caught up there this summer but I've pretty much hit the limit of the mutly motor in terms of acceleration/HP/speed and as you know at Silverstone that matters more than most circuits, on the plus side though it's meant I've had plenty of time to work on my corner entry and apex speed :upyeah:

Love this shot - faster than the King - probably the only time in my life! :D:

MM plus Me into Brooklands.PNG

5. Haha he’s banked over a bit further on I reckon ;)

6. I wasn’t actually haha

7. Haha! OK, OK, OK!!! :D - Here's the approach sequence:

(check out how fast his RCV is at the bridge compared to my Mutly motor on WOT o_O :sob:)

Welington Bridge 1.PNG Welington Bridge 2.PNG Welington Bridge 3.PNG Welington Bridge 4.PNG Welington Bridge 5.PNG Welington Bridge 6.PNG Welington Bridge 7.PNG Welington Bridge 8.PNG

• Like Like x 1
  8. You’re my new hero :heart:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mate, I felt that was laying the gauntlet down so I needed to back it up :bucktooth:

(especially as I'm one of the first to call it out when I hear what sounds like horse shit! :skull:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Yes. I don't believe Honda maintain the engines. I seem to remember a third party truck at Silverstone who did the work on them.

11. HA now I'm home I can see the pictures properly. Feck me full brakes and already turned well into that corner from 177mph!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. HA now I'm home I can see the pictures properly. Feck me full brakes and already turned well into that corner from 177mph!!

13. There was some transition time for MM between WOT and full brakes, so it wouldn't have been from 177MPH - but yeah isn't that something eh? Somewhere between 164 and 177 anyway!

14. OK mate here you go, he actually got up to 185MPH on that stretch (yes, they accelerate LIKE FK!), went to full brakes at 175MPH - whilst the bike was still pretty much upright - and didn't really start leaning the bike until he'd got down to 117MPH by which time he'd backed off the brakes to about 70%.

MM  4 Bradders 0.PNG MM  4 Bradders 1.PNG MM  4 Bradders 2.PNG

@chizel Sorry about the diversion, this started out as trying to convince Bradders about the performance of that Moto2 test mule - which was relevant to this thread! :worried:

• Like Like x 1
  15. it's all good! I'm of the opinion that a thread is a conversation and they tend to drift at times...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information