1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT 8 Months Into Ownership ... The Progress So Far ....

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by RichW, Apr 24, 2019.

1. So still struggling along with wind noise. Been trying different helmets, and surpisingly (or not) you get different effects from different helmets.....

IMG_E3286.JPG

As you can see below i have been trialling three different ones; the Arai and AGV are both around 10 years old, the Shoei one year old. Now on my old bike, a GSXR750 the new shoei was night and day better than the old two. However on the 'Strada it would seem that the wrm has turned! The Shoei is the worst, the Arai quieter and less turbulent, the AGV is the best.

IMG_E3289.JPG

Trouble is the AGV's build quality is debatable in my book, the new ones seem even worse than this old one, and the fit is not comfotable either. So loking like a new Arai is on the cards at some point.

So many variables what with the screen and tankbag adding to the mix!

So for the time been i am using the Shoei on slower rides out (<70mph) and the Arai or AGV on faster runs.

In other news I have finally (!) finished my write up on the Isle of Man TT trip. It can be found HERE if you are interested. Cheers :)

IMG_3740.JPG

View attachment 164296

View attachment 164297

View attachment 164300

#41 RichW, Jul 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Where did you get the key from mate, been looking for one for myself but all I've found on Ebay is this https://tinyurl.com/y2t6j46n

3. Yep - thats the one i ordered. Key is different from the pic on the advert though :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Should you be using a ten year old lid?

5. I’d be happier if it was only a year old :joy::joy::joy:

6. Have a go on an AGV Sportmodular. Great lid and all-day comfy. Light and quiet...

Recent lids from Quietest to loudest:
    • AGV X3000
    • AGV Sportmodular
    • AGV Pista GP
    • Arai Tour X4
    • Arai RX7v
    On the Multi I have an MRA Touring Vario screen with Iconic screen spacers from @Jamie Clare, I found these a lot quieter than the standard screen or the standard screen with spacers.

Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks for the suggestions - i'll take a look at the AGV sports modular next time I am out.

I have tried the spacers and although they do make a difference it wasn't night and day. I have since made some of my own and a friend has borrowed the JC ones to try for awhile :)

8. I also have the vario screen, which is excellent over all the ones I have tried. I do alter it though depending on riding speed. Sometimes up or down a little & the vario adjustments to suit. Strange but sometimes I have found different setting with wind direction. Which means traveling out with one setting & return journey with another. I suffer with Tinitus from previous Chemo. So am always trying for the quietest setting. Schuberth C3 helmet & ear plugs always.

9. Thanks Stevie, good to know. Will definitely be going the same route i think at somepoint:upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information