1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

80 + Hour Detail....rr Svr

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by rob lewis, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Nice work. Horrendous looking car though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rob could you give more detail and explain the whole process involved from start to finish in doing this particular one if you don't mind? intrigued to see how the whole 80+ hours were spent,

I'm sure a few others might be curious too?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Any 'before' pics?

4. Nope....didn't have time suffice to say it had 10K miles on it and been through multiple hand car washes....

5. The ' general consensus ' is that not many are interested in long explanations...& this one would be a novel....( also don't want to be giving away too many of my process's and material / pad / compound combinations )...suffice to say that a myriad of pads and compounds and machines were used together with isolated wet sanding.....

6. I'd wager there are more who have read with interest and just enjoyed it for what it is.

I love the idea that some folk were reading, totally unable to stop themselves, while not enjoying what they were reading, but reading on anyway, just so as to be able to express their displeasure once theyd finished. To then come back and read the next one when uploaded and repeat the process as an act of 'autoflaggelation'

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. How long would that last for before needing doing again? Or are there too many variables to predict?

8. Its deffo a Marmite sort of car buddy....

9. Drug dealers car if you ask me. Brash, blingy and ugly as fuck.

10. One helluva a lot of teabags i suspect were involved!

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. If it were mine it would stay like that....but as you say too many variables....suffice to say even I wouldn't want to maintain it such was the final finish....one bad hand car wash could inflict ' some ' damage....but when we provide these sort of details we give ' safe wash ' instructions and tuition as well as product recommendations.....but more than not the client brings the vehicle back for maintenance washes every 3 weeks....

12. I spoke too soon. Another SVR booked in this morning.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  13. Good luck with that and DON'T call me...lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. It would destroy me to spend all that time and the owner just not take meticulous care of it.
    At least when I do my own car / bike I know it's going the be well treated and looked after.
    But stunning job. By the way I got some BH snow foam as you recommended, yet to use it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. BHAF is amazing stuff....BEST pre-wash cleaner currently available by far....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information