1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

939 Hyperstrada 821 Clutch Modification

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Robarano, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Right, got it all back together. Problem;

Clutch is not engaging properly and when I put clutch in and put it in 1st, the engine stalls :confounded:

Any ideas?

2. Is the rod for operating the clutch seated correctly? When I was dry fitting mine the lever sometimes didn't engage with the bit that stick out in the middle of the clutch basket.
    Either that or the cable needs adjusting. There is a part half way alone the clutch cable that allows adjustment in addition to the adjuster at the lever.

3. With the bike switched off take the oil fill bung out and look down in and you will see the clutch. Operate the lever and you should see the clutch moving

4. Thanks for the reply bud. I've adjusted the cable at the lever end and where your knee would be - all this does is adjust the bite point on the lever. I've adjusted it to the point where the clutch disengages/engages a good few cm's away from the handlebar and it still kinks out when I drop it into first.

What do you mean about the rod.. This one?

IMG_4267.jpg

5. Yeah I've done this, it is moving.

7. The only difference I can see with mine vs Robarano's setup on his he hasn't offset the outer (machined out) friction plate?

8. Yeah that part. The rod that the cable connects to goes down through the casing and should slot behind that but it's possible for it to sit on the wrong side going by the thread on the hyperstrada forum.

9. Dont think this makes a difference I've seen it done both ways. Is your side stand down or anything? I know that's prob a silly question but my stand was down even though I had it on a paddock stand and it stalled on me until I realised the stand was down.

10. :laughing: I did think that about the side stand but no.

If the part on the casing is the wrong side, will I get the symptoms I'm seeing?

11. I dont think it's on the wrong side, if you're seeing the plates moving. Although I'm not sure if one way would make it push rather than pull or vice versa. I'm not at the house or I'd go out and check mine for you. Try adjusting the cable so that you only have 5-6mm float at the lever as per service manual. Just incase.

12. OKKKKKK, just went out to have another fiddle and it was the side stand. What a TW*T! :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

#32 willyduke, Dec 29, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  13. Haha this is brilliant. Least I know I'm not the only gimp. Glad you got sorted.

14. Is it the clutch-lever switch working? Should be able to hear it operating when pulling in the lever.

15. It's either the side stand or kill switch.. all been there :motorcycleduc::motorcycleduc:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Keith, thanks for the reply but you missed the part where I was being a spanner :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  17. :laughing:

18. Took it for a ride today - faultless! Clutch feels as it should now so super chuffed. Why on earth Ducati never had this as a recall or even designed it like this in the first place. Crazy Italians!

• Like Like x 2
  19. I've enjoyed reading this thread, good work you all, happy new year!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information