1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 848 Cuts Out

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Jase1, May 2, 2017.

1. Tell me about it! At least if it dies again I know how to get to fault code screen! Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  2. So after riding today I've had a few error codes.
    Coil 10.2
    Coil 11.2
    Inje 12.2
    Inje 13.2

Annoying but gives me some clues I guess?!? The only thing I've fitted in last few months is shifter but I used the wiring from original shifter and it's worked fine but I've disconnected it and will ride again! I've checked all earths and all seem good and nothing obvious loose or not connected properly.

3. I'd defo give it a try without the QS.

4. Is there a way to trouble shoot if the shifter itself is broken? The wiring I can test or replace as it's not that dear. I hear HM are pretty good for after care.

5. HM are really good.
    I'd try without the shifter first then address the other codes if there's still a problem.
    Good luck. :upyeah:

6. Finally resolved it! Turns out it was the relay after all. The terminals were corroded. I recommend taking the battery and box out and too can access fully. I think after 3 years I'm tempted to sell it and have a change....

• Like Like x 1
  7. Good news!
    Those relays really are in stoooopid place!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yeah if they were just more accessible it wouldn't be an issue.
    Might sell it as is or strip all parts off it! I love it but after 3 years could be tempted on to something else.

9. Easy to make big decisions on little problems...:pompus:
    Good it's sorted, always worth having a couple of those spare, only a few quid on scumbay.

10. True! Apart from having to rebuild engine when I first got it, it's been spot on but if right offer came along I could be tempted to part with it.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information