1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Evo Corse Se - Is It A Future Classic?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by viffviff99, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Cookster - what foot pegs are on your bike? They look a bit grippier than the standard ones?

2. I have a nice set of 848/1098 Motowheels Corse rearsets for sale. Keep meaning to list them.
    Roadshift.
    Same as these, but with rear brake pedal.

RS 01.jpg

#42 Nelson, Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  3. As they did from the 848/1098/1198 to the 749/999 funnily enough :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. @AndrewS they were from design corse off here mate,and yes a lot better than standard. Really good as I didn't want to fit the complete rear sets. I quite the stand look of mine. @Nelson look a good buy mind you.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Cheers, I'll have a look at those.

I've actually got a set of rearsets like @Nelson's, although I thought mine were from JHP. They're even higher than standard though!

6. She's a beaut!! :cool:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. After buying my 1199 4 years ago I found myself missing the 1098 I had previously. So a couple of years ago I bought a 1098S aswell. The 1199 is different to the 1098 but not necessarily better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Very nice

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. About 3 months ago I made some enquiries about trading this in and I got some mixed feedback with regards to price.
    One dealer offered me 9k as a part ex but he didn't have anything I wanted.
    Another dealer offered me 7.5k saying he wouldn't get more than 8.5k and he has to make something on the bike.
    2nd dealer is an official Ducati dealership the first dealer was a Yamaha dealer.
    I thought I would look on Autotrader there are two for sale
    2013 model, 3,800 miles £8,095 Private seller
    2013 model, 4,386 miles £9,990 Dealer seller
    Funny enough the dealer states RARE Collectable
    Where as the private seller hasn't Does he know what he has ?

Mine is a 63 plate with 7,000 miles and full termi system

Am I better off keeping it for another couple of years ?

I understand the fact that it is all about how sought after that particular model is, but the prices are very conflicting

2017-08-25 848 Evo 01.JPG

2017-08-25 848 Evo 02.JPG

2017-08-25 848 Evo 03.JPG

2017-08-25 848 Evo 04.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. What gets me is the difference in prices. I could understand if the two for sale were years and miles apart but they ain't and also I have had two different offers from dealers that are 1.6k apart it's bloody mental

11. I would have punched the guy in the face!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. I was having idle thoughts of trading my 999S in earlier this year, mainly to give me a rough idea of what my bike would be worth in a part/x deal ,one dealer had a Bimota SB8r I liked the look of and another dealer had a nice MV f4 312,there was about £800 difference in the prices between the 2...dealer number 1 offered me £5200, and dealer 2 offered £3800!...how do they justify such a difference in offers, i realise the more expensive the bike you are looking to purchase the more you might get for yours etc etc...but for me it just reinforces my dim view that most dealers will pay below par and then hike it massively in the showroom...any way I decided to keep it...their loss and my gain:D

13. There are so many other factors involved when a dealer bids for a bike than solely the perceived value, e.g. Bike being traded for, current stock, current targets, manufacturers insentives, cash flow , time of month/yr, ego ( sales trophy) & mood on the day.

Like insurance, you are unlikely to make sense of it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. If you can afford to keep it Vince then do so, so long as your current garage is not damp over the winter months and you have stands for it then that is the way forward. This clearly is a rare bike in the 848 guise and whether it goes up or down in value because it will be affected by the standard 848 model is anyone's guess. If you want a better and more sound investment then Gold or diamonds is the way, or a blue chip vehicle like a Bentley Blower.

15. Pete, I just don't like the idea of it sitting there gathering dust, it's on paddock stands and got a dust cover over it.

16. But you will miss it if it goes......
    It's in your blood Vince :broken_heart:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. I would have thought the 2012 (red, white and black) would have achieved cult status and not the grey one :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. You are right about it being in my blood but I wouldn't miss the EVO as I have replaced it with its much bigger sibbling the 1198 everything is exactly the same just a lot more power.
    To be honest when I had decided to get rid of my 899 If I had known then what I know now I would have either got the 1198 or 1098R back then and not the 1199s

Do Not Sell My Personal Information