1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Evo Corse Se - Is It A Future Classic?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by viffviff99, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Anyway, the sag looks all wrong on that picture, a bit arse over tit, like.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Must have had one of those new air bag assisted leathers on then.

3. Silly girl, she's using the wrong foot pegs. :grinning:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  4. Do you know nuffing she has fitted old skool rearsets :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. She obviously has exceptional balance though to be keeping it upright!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Amazing, as she looks very top heavy. :yum

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Just skimmed through this....interesting reading which throws up a few questions/observations....

1. Will motobikes/cars with petrol engines be effectively banned in the years to come or, will they let natural selection rule....ie the more that rust/get crashed/mechanically fail make the numbers dwindle but still let users of petrol powered engines carry on using them? ie how many cars do you see on the road which are 30 years old....not many i would say...
    2. Future classics: who can tell - i think you pays yer money and takes yer chance...to a certain extent...
    3. From what i can see (me included) if you love what youve got and then sell it for something you think is better the chances are you'll be buying another one (which the whole process usually means you end up out of pocket) - on my 3rd (and last), i hope, hypermotard 1100. Brass Flute messaged me last night as he's just bought another one!
    4. I am of the feeling that the more the nanny state gets its foot in the door with euro emissions and the manufacturers with electronics then the raw stuff might take off a little bit (myself owning a pre aprc RSV4 which this months fast bikes labelled it "RSV4 pre APRC - only men need apply)....plus while id kinda love a brand spanking new RF i cant see the justification of essentially handing over 10k and my bike and gettting one back with a paintjob and extra buttons on the switchgear....i know theres more than that but thats the way i see it....

I fully expect to probably get held to task on the above but those are my initial thoughts...good thread though...

8. I had the pani 1199 that's why I kept the evo coz it was bliss to ride after being on the panni plus I prefer the style. I know have an 1198 which behaves just like the 848 evo just with more POWER

9. Yeah the 1198 is a bike id love to have a pop on TBH if i had to get something else instead of the RSV4 that'd be on the top of the list, but, as ive got the hyper, ive already got the l-twin side of things covered...

• Like Like x 1
  10. I thought Hamilton was more into MV's

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. I work in automotive and the law will be a ban on sales of new vehicles with an internal combustion engine from 2040.

They cannot blanket ban everything overnight, classic and indeed used cars are of too much worth to the economy - fuel sales, maintenance, huge financial investments, multiple industries depend on them. Petrol engined vehicles will be around and in use for aslong as there is a fuel source.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I was kinda hoping that....but, as i said i think the electric vehicle will kinda be the saviour of the petrol...ie when they become affordable ill get one for commuting - if i could sell my supermoto id love one now to go to work on...

13. If you're not totally in love with it sell it whilst it's still worth good money.
    I don't think the smaller capacity bikes will be worth that much going forward.
    Yes the EVO will be worth more than the standard 848 but after a while it will be just seen as a fancier version of the base model and priced accordingly.
    There was a 749R recently on eBay (looked immaculate, full history, etc) didn't get one bid and it was up at 8K, and a 749R is a very different bike compared to a 749/S whereas the 848 Evo is not when compared to an 848.
    If it were me I'd change it for an 1198.

14. There is a fair bit of difference between the models
    The 848 is the base model, the evo was slightly upgraded then you have the evo corse se comes with onlins rear shock, DQS fitted as standard and traction control. In 2013 they then released this model in the dark grey/silver with brushed aluminium tank, I believe circa 350 bikes with aluminium tank. All the other 848's are plastic fuel tanks.
    848 is a base model standard shocks (showa?) no QS or TC
    848 evo same as above but with a bit more HP and I think upgraded brembos same as the 1198r Brembos
    848 evo corse se now with Ohlins rear shock, TC & QS
    2013 848 evo se corse same as above but new paint scheme with brushed aluminium tank, all previous models have plastic fuel tank

15. Umm OK my point was/is the Evo is a 'tarted up' 848 whereas the 749R is a race bike. People seem to want to collect 999R but not the 749R (despite the 749R being more of a race bike than the 999R), same will happen with the 848 Evo, people will want the bigger bike.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I had the 848 then the evo and then the se corse which is still adorning the garage always said I didn't need a 1ltr bike but after owning the 1199 I have changed my tune a bit. The 1199 has now been replaced with an 1198 mainly my preference for the older models aesthetics and I prefer the way it handles. So just in the process of getting rid off the 848 evo.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I can’t see the 848 corse se becoming a collectors bike. 749Rs have not seen much in the way of appreciating value whereas 999Rs really have done. As has been said it’s the most race bike bike, Ducati have produced.

From that era the 1098R and Tricolore are the most desirable.

18. 749R's are fetching double what they were 3 or 4 years ago dude :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  19. I own one and I wish. If I thought someone would give me £15k for my 04with second set of carbon bodywork, 4000 miles, 57mm termis, remap, I would consider selling, but I doubt I would get more than £10k for it.

Be delighted to be proven wrong.

20. They were £6 to £7k not long ago - Sheffield will get double, you won't yet. If they haven't gone up in value I will give you a healthy £7K for it.
    Check the ones that have been for sale on here :thinkingface:
    And thanks for the deal :):upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information