1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 848 Evo Led/micro/sexy Indicators?

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by dubcat, Jul 14, 2018.

1. The massive indicators on the back of my 848 Evo do not go well with such a sexy rear end. I’d like to replace those indicators with small/sexy little ones. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

2. I replaced mine with Kellerman Trapezoids, almost anything will work, but I replaced the 1098 standard tail piece with a Melotti Tail tidy.

R&G also do a cheaper tail tidy, I think Rizoma did a tail tidy too but like everything Rizoma that will be big bucks for what you get.

I don't know of anything that will bolt onto the OEM number plate holder

Mine worked fine with no issue on flash rate, providing the standard front mirrors/indicators were used, but when I went to DP mirrors which have a different number of LEDs the flash rate with the ignition on and engine off, is a good deal faster; with the engine running the flash rate is correct.

Tried to correct this with resistors but it made no difference

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Just a word of warning on the Brakers (it it is still available).

Construction Regs dictate that indicators need to be certain distance from the center line of the vehicle, I can't remember the figure, but if I recall correctly using the vents, is below the minimum

I know this is not a biggie, but if you have a particularly zealous MOT tester, you could have issues.

You'd need to be particularly unlucky but just making you aware

4. I thought we went through all that when Brian first introduced them, and they were fine. My MOT tester certainly said they were, i forget the rule he quoted but they passed.

5. @Pavey looking up the regs it looks like they need to be a minimum distance of 240mm so that's a little under 10 inches.

I've just checked and you're right, If you measure from the far end of each, vent to vent it exceeds that easily

Apologies I was probably getting mixed up with the type that flashed either side of the stop light

Duff info on my part

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information