848 848 Evo Vs 1098 Vs 1198

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Dynamo goon, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and really after your wisdom. I'm 34, been riding on the road for 4 years and had a Gsxr 600 and more recently a triumph street triple r.

I am now looking for my first Ducati and have narrowed it down to these three bikes but can't decide what to do. I've searched the forums for my specific conundrum but to no avail. I have visited dealers but no one will let me ride used stock so far.

Basically I have £8500 in my pocket ready for the right bike. This will buy me a 2011-2012 848 evo. A slightly older 1198 or a slightly older 1098 or maybe a 1098s.

I will keep the bike garaged, polished and put about 1000 dry miles on it per summer, mostly on A and B roads at the weekend.

Question is, where should my money go?

Cheers for your help

2. welcome Dave.

I've pm'd you my bank details :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Haha, suppose I asked for that

4. Which ever you get you will be wise to buy some better starter cables :Wideyed: Personally out of the 3 I'd go for a 1098S :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. You can get an evo corse for that money

6. That adds the TC is that right?

7. Yes and more

8. Hello,
    The 848 is a great bike if you want to have loads of fun with usable power, don't get me wrong, the 1098 is a fantastic piece of kit that will make you grin like you've never grinned before but coming off a 600 will take some adjusting and from what you are going to do mileage wise this will take longer than an 848. 1198? I would put that thought to one side for now if I was you.:Facepalm:

848:upyeah:

9. 848 evo corse.

10. Hmm. I'm always of the thinking get the biggest you can, as you will pine for it at a later date.

I have an 1198s and you soon get used to the power (and learn to keep the front wheel down).

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. cheers for the replies guys.

My head says 848 corse as it is a logical step up from the 600's and has the trick bits. However, I'm thinking a couple of years down the line whether I will want the bigger bike, and if I can get one for the same money......

12. To be honest, whats the difference between the two, 30 ish hp? You're not going to get on an 848 and think, i wish i had another 30 horses, it is plenty fast enough, and a beautiful bike. Probably better for the road to be honest.

I ride with a colleague who has a tricked out Fazer 800 and the way he rides that thing he stays with me (and leaves me sometimes) on the 1198 so a big part of it is the riding ability. I just have a thing in my head of knowing there is a better (wrong word but you get my drift) version out there.

So much so my 749 has a 999 engine waiting to go in.

13. Evo Corse seem to hold price fairly well especially the red black original. Upgrade later if reqd. If riding solo most of time 140bhp is plenty and smaller motor probably easier round town.

14. There's a nice 848 corse se for sale on here. :upyeah:

15. Have you had any test rides yet? I came from a GSXR thou to a 1098 and they are way different to ride. Initially I was hitting the rev limiter all the time. My advice, go to a dealer and have a few test rides. My 1098 is barmy enough for me, easily lifts the front wheel and has bags of grunt. I imagine its around 165bhp with the cans I have on it so its pretty similar to my GSXR in horsepower but, as I say, a different beast to ride.

16. A & B road blasts 848 Evo all the way newer bike & more than enough power, as @bettes said there's one for sale on here, I'd be searching down the back of the sofa and hassling @Ozz it looks a beauty, low mileage and will have been well looked after :upyeah:

17. Struggling to find dealers with these examples willing to test ride me. I'm gonna keep looking though, I know they don't like test pilots but it's a bit silly to buy a bike before riding

18. If you've set your heart on getting a Duc sportsbike just go for it mate, if you've never ridden one a test ride is just as likely to put you off altogether :D they've got a certain "character" and it'll take more than an hour in the saddle to fully appreciate it :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Thanks for the mention! I am not desperate to sell but would take an offer on it now I have got to the 'yes I am selling it' stage and started looking at other bikes.... :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information