1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

851 Worth?

Discussion in '851 / 888' started by Sambighair, Sep 30, 2017.

1. My 851 with M1R forks(tweaked by maxton) handles far better than my Showa 900ss!

2. There's a 10,000 mile one owner from 1993 (1992 851) at Bonhams in a couple of weeks. This is a sure sign of the value of these when it sells :):upyeah:
    It is estimated at £6K to 8K

• Useful Useful x 2
  3. I've put Showa's on my 1990 rebuilt 851 and gold calipers, still have the originals and black wheels. Actually my bike approx 8000 miles on the clock and completely rebuilt. tank 1.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  4. Pretty sure Ducati Manchester have an 851 for sale, think it was about £9k, worth checking out?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Oh, and a used Paul Smart for £20K too :eek:

6. I have had a good look at that one! Not at 10k tho!

• Like Like x 4
  7. And hotel! Lol

8. I'm sorry, but no standard 851 is worth 10k no matter what condition it's in. I have bought SP's for 10k in the past. If the pound was stronger SP3's can be found on the continent for 12-13k Euro which if the pound was at its value before Brexit would amount to £10,000.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. You can say that again :)

10. Don't tempt me.

11. Glad its not just me double posting @El Toro as I have seen quite a few today and yesterday :)

12. Seems like everyone is being impatient in trying to post thereby posting twice. ;)

13. TBF after your PM I have been waiting..and waiting...and waiting. Also had loads of loading issues on and off last few days. Did a speed check, 50 meg so no issues on upload speed my end.

14. If I've told you once, I've told you a million times - Stop going to the Morticians for your make-up....

batman.jpg

15. Mmmmm.......i will have some checks done.

16. Completely agree with this. Most stradas are in the £5-6k bracket so it would need to be something particularly special to be anywhere near £10k. Even in the £5-6k range they don't seem easy to sell as adverts sit for ages. Not many have done big mileages so whilst 10k seems really low it's unusual to see them with more than 25k and many think that these bikes like some use rather than sitting around. I think that the 851/888 range are bikes that people say they like but don't "put their money where their mouth is".

If I was to sell my tidy original '92 851 with 23k, all MOTs but not full service history (serviced by me last 3 years) I think I'd advertise at £5,500 and hope to get £5,000, although I don't think it'd sell quickly at that. Hopefully values will rise as they're still too cheap for a significant bike (1st 4-valve, water cooled Ducati, early WSB contender, only about 10,500 made in total etc.).

17. Completely agree with you. They hang around for ages even at £5-6k

18. Auction in May this year as I posted elsewhere - a nice 851 went for £4000 :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information