1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

851 Worth?

Discussion in '851 / 888' started by Sambighair, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Love the man maths there :upyeah:

2. i was reading standard catalog last night and really like the 851 but then i think i like the 888 more and perhaps a 900 superlight more still but not sure about those indicators...

3. I have had 2 superlights.. inc a mint MK1, they are not even in the same league as a bike to ride, I stretched my finances and managed to get a low miles SP3 and although the SL is pretty with a great engine to me they are nowhere near the 851/888 range, mine were left gathering dust in the garage so I moved them on compared to the 888's sweet handling I found them very agricultural so they never got ridden... I would ride both and then decide, but I know the clincher will be the roar from the airbox ;-) .. my 2ps worth? stretch and get any clean SP model they are a totally different experience to the standard bikes.

4. I was at the Bonhams auction today
    The 851 was tidy but not mint
    It sold for £6800 + 15% buyers premium & them 20% vat on the premium.
    It had 10 thousand miles on the clock 2 owners & no service history
    No mot from 2009 ?
    So to my mind it would need recommissioning ?!?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Probably one of the things Bonhams rely on: the impact of auction fever and someone can say ‘and I bought it through Bonhams’ like it’s a badge of honour. Not that it’s any diffemret to manheim or the others really ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. That's an expensive bike then as that works out as £8,024 plus recommissioning (which if just belts, tyres, battery, oil, filters, etc is probably £400-500) so probably £8,500, for a Strada! Let's hope it's a sign of the market as seriously thinking of selling mine next year....... If buying I think I'd have added a little more cash for an SP with a few more miles which would likely have less issues.....

7. An earlier auction this year had a nice one go for £3900 + fees, so depends on the day.

8. Purchased this one for 4200 USD a few years ago. It will do 163 MPH (indicated) pulling 200 RPM into red line with a two tooth smaller rear sprocket than stock. Legend has it that Ferracci sold several 91' models with Superbike spec engines. This bike came from his dealership so the rumor may actually be true. When I discovered how fast it would go the second owner (whom I bought it from) was contacted said it was faster than his 888....... I will probably never sell it. Misc pics 331.jpg Misc pics 331.jpg Misc pics 332.jpg Misc pics 333.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  9. A cracking looking machine and what a cheap price hang on to it and enjoy:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. not the right way forward is it:thinkingface:belts/valve check/brake & clutch fluids etc changes:thinkingface:

11. I'm considering selling one of my Ducati's either my 851 or 750SS. 851 has 6200 miles, 20 miles since full service/new tyres etc. its mint!
    750SS has 12k miles, zero miles since full service, it too is mint, its a white frame/wheels single front disc model, any interest!! Ducati's.png

• Like Like x 3
  12. Mike,,they look fantastic a credit to you:upyeah:

13. Very nice! Is the 851 an SP2? What year?

Don't suppose you have a spare tank for the 851? I need one!!!

14. something tells me you will sell the 750 - would be my choice anyway.

15. Hi Rob,
    Its a 1993 bike, sorry don't have a spare tank!
    Cheers

16. Price indication for the 851?

17. Not sure really on price as they seem to vary, in this condition/history and mileage around 9k,

18. How much are the bikes?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information