1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

853s Project

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Duncs, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Bought a crash damaged 748s in September 2015 . Had a 853cc conversion from Protwins , Marchisini wheels , Ohlins rear shock , slipper clutch and Termi exhausts with chip and dyno mapped Power Commander 3. Almost finished the project now and hopefully get it running this weekend . 2015-09-17 08.54.17.jpg B 2015-09-17 08.55.04.jpg

2. 2015-09-19 14.02.23.jpg 2015-09-19 14.02.32.jpg 2015-09-19 14.03.37.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Make a good track bike that!

4. It's a cat c write-off so I'm gonna put it back on the road . I will take her out for a few track days , it will be interesting to compare it to my standard 748.

5. If it's been done properly it's a marked improvement over a standard 748. I've had 2 853 conversions done in the past.

6. As cookster says, you'll notice a difference particularly in the grunt and the power doesn't drop off at the top of the rev range.
    Steve

7. Do you think you'll be able to polish out the rest of the marks!!! just outa interest how much did you pay for the bike, looking for a 748 project for myself.:upyeah:

8. Already polished out will post a pic today. I paid £1400 back in Sept 2015 .

• Like Like x 2
  9. Here is the panel after repairs 2017-07-29 13.55.45.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  10. Goodies from MotoRapido . Some of the parts were very reasonably priced I thought .

2017-07-29 13.24.03.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. If that panel is anything to go by I look forward to seeing the finished bike.
    Steve

12. I thought I might finish the bike this weekend , but that is not going to happen . Hit a problem with the rubber o-ring seal on the fuel tank . Does anyone know a good technique for installing the o-ring on the fuel pump housing ?

• Like Like x 1
  14. If it's not a brand new o ring don't even bother once they've been immersed in fuel for a while and removed they seem to go baggy. Get a new one it should go back in easy.

Then use longer bolts to draw the pump assembly in evenly until the Oem bolts will reach the threads then just draw in until the shoulders of the Oem bolts stop.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Thanks for the youtube link , watched I have one more new green o-ring and first thing tomorrow will install . Just one question is silicon grease is ok to use around fuel ? I've heard that silicon in the engine oil is a big no no . Is it ok to use silicon ?

16. What you want is Red Rubber grease. Can be found in small sachets or tubs. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  17. I have red rubber grease maybe I will get to ride her today .

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information