1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

853s Project

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Duncs, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Yay!!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Depends what difference you are referring to, as mentioned the early single phase has a different end to the three phase but they are also different as regards the stroke the 916/996 has a 66mm stroke and the 748 has a 61.5mm stroke.
    Steve

3. I just got a quote of £80 for a 748 swingarm from hi-spec coatings ,which I think is a good price so I'm gonna go ahead . Any suggestions on colour ? I might go for a dark grey as is now , silver or black not sure yet . I've asked what colours are available . 2017-08-06 11.10.56.jpg

4. Yeah... Same colour as it is now..... Need to see some hires pics when it comes back!

• Like Like x 1
  5. I'd only go black if you get the frame done too.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Not getting the frame done unfortunately so might have to be the same colour as it is now .

7. Black
    IMG_0625.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  8. 2for black 1 for grey any more votes ?

9. I must admit I have thought of having mine done black.
    Steve

10. Black!

11. That has got to have been around for more than a year and is likely to still be around at that price for another year. Andy

12. 4 Black 1 grey and 1 fit a carbon sheild

13. Major Dumbass moment yesterday . Was going to get an MOT but got up late so in a rush to get it to the garage . I knew high beam wasn't working so attempted to find the problem . Used the working headlight unit off my other 748 ,still no high beam . So got out the multi meter I was clueless to work out where the problem was . Thinking it must be the switchgear on the left handlebar and was about to remove that when I had to pick up the wife from shopping expedition . As I was coming back from the station with the wife , it came to me in a light bulb moment the fuse I never checked the fuse . As soon as I got home I rushed in and went to the garage removed the fuse box lid and there it was 1 fuse for the high beam not even there . I had now wasted hours and was too late to get an MOT. Doh!!!!!

• Face Palm Face Palm x 2
  14. Black with carbon cover...:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  15. That's 5 black and 1 gray. .

16. My tyre place just had a vapour and bead blaster machine installed . So I had the swingarm done and I'm not sure of the result as it shows up every flaw in the casting . What do you think ? 2017-08-26 09.32.48.jpg 2017-08-26 09.33.01.jpg 2017-08-26 09.33.31.jpg 2017-08-26 09.33.40.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  17. Paint it gold the magnesium look.

18. Needs to be anodised to prevent corrosion before you decide to do anything. IMO, if you are not going to use the original grey, satin black is the easy choice as there are too many shades of gold and it could end up looking tarty. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Another for satin black. They are very messy unless painted and black covers a multitude of sins!!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information