1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

888 / St4 Hybrid Project

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by darko, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Thanks Steben - will do

2. This is the option for using the SSIE Fuel Pressure Regulator housing (part 19 below) Can then add a Corse 5 Bar regulator - these are still available from various sources such as Bike Sport Developements it seems. Haven't decided yet to go this route or with a modern adjustable FPR..

353730554416.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Just avoided a potential future problem.. Only noticed by accident that one of the belt cover bolts was inaccessible once the engine was in the frame. Luckily noticed before anything else was fitted!

Removed the engine and removed that bolt so belt servicing in the future won't require the engine removing!

IMG_3684.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. Some of the threads and holes needed cleaning out after powder coating

Another small hold up - seems I have the wrong length bolt for the suspension hoop to suspension rocker, hopefully can still be ordered.

After some research seems I need one from a 1994 888 not a 1992 - M10x95 mm (not M10x80 mm) Amazing how Ducati changed stuff like this back in the day and sometimes it seems at random!

IMG_3685.jpg

IMG_3686.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. 4B91383D-B4FA-4657-9ED7-020FD244C56F.png 498939A6-6B18-4AD4-986B-F7553EDAFE1B.jpeg Great project, i’ve recently finished fitting a 916 engine into my 900ss. I bought a new fuel pressure regulator housing from Ducati. I tried to use 750ssie forks but they were too long so I had to use 888/900ss forks. Speak to Jim at Twowheeledclassics he has a lot of knowledge with st4s engines into 888’s

• Like Like x 2
  6. Thanks for all the info above, have been talking to Stein Dinse today. It is now confirmed that I need the hoop to rocker bolt from a 1994 model 888 which is longer at 95mm. They have the bolt but not the nut. Does anyone know what thread it is. I’ve tried fitting a standard lock nut on the 80mm bolt I have and it’s a different thread..

7. It's the same bolt used on the ‘93 to ‘00 Monsters, and the same nut used on all three pivots on the rocker arm.

Looks to be a 95mm long with M10x1.5mm thread.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. A bit more progress today, with the TT schedule messed up Im getting more time than I expected this week..

Rear swing arm fitted and just working on the clearance for the rear cylinder exhaust header, this will require some modification to get the ST4 header through the 888 Swing arm !

IMG_3729.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. Would an early S4 pipe do the job? They had changed from the 888 style wishbone by then though?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks, I will look into that, I already have the ST4S headers so I will try and make those work if possible

11. Does anyone know which huggers fit my swingarm ? 851 / 888 / Monster ? Looking to get a carbon hugger fitted but some 888 options I have looked at have different mounting points :thinkingface:

IMG_3695.jpg

12. I believe the early Monsters used 888 swingarms so they should be compatible - maybe get a plastic one off flea-bay to check?

13. On the 851/888 forum, there used to be a template to modify the rear header where it goes through the s/arm.

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Thanks ducati dad - I downloaded that and will use it today to try and get the header to pass through, I have also read you can remove a little of the metal on the swingarm to help too

header template 2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thanks Harry, will compare drawings this morning to try and work it out

16. So I need to identify the swingarm I have, from a little searching and comparing online drawings of the mudguard mounts I 'think' I have a 1998 Monster 900 Swingarm - can anyone confirm?

1993 888 SA.jpg

1998 Monster SA.jpg

IMG_3695.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. Looks like my old 1996 Monster :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information