1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

888 / St4 Hybrid Project

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by darko, Aug 20, 2018.

1. A bit of pre-season maintenance / fettling today

The clutch was slipping last time out and having pulled the plates today they are looking a bit tired..

Looking into options, OEM, Newfren and even GS650 friction plates can work apparently!

IMG_6299.jpg

2. Suzuki plates work and are much cheaper but made of alloy, and so is the GS650 basket, apparently very much smoother and quiter thanmwhat we are used too.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Seems I forgot to update this thread!

Decided to use Ferodo plates from M&P in the end, they have been great so far..

4. After struggling with wrist comfort I fitted some Gilles Variobars, huge improvement

IMG_6818.jpg

5. And finally managed to sort out the exhausts...

IMG_7450 (1).jpg

• Like Like x 18
  6. I agree the Ferodo plates are good, but I've had absolutely NO problems with the cheap pattern GS Suzuki plates.
    They can be found so cheap that even if they wore out three times as fast you'd still save money.

Steve R

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Totally agree and next time I’ll use the GS plates, at the time I couldn’t get them shipped to the Isle of Man which happens sometimes..

8. Hey Darko,
    Great thread, very nice job you did.
    You did powder coat the frame. Do you remember which color you did and why?
    Thinking of powder coating the frame of my 851. Some people state that OEM color was very white like RAL9016.

9. Thanks @Jakepeewee !

From memory we discussed this and the company suggested an almost pure white (after trying different colour swatches) sorry I don't have an exact RAL code though..

Do Not Sell My Personal Information