1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 899 Adjustable Triple Clamps

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by carson, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Just bought myself some IMA adjustable triple clamps for the 899 and wondered if any of you have used them before on the 899 and what settings you found best as a starting point?

2. I don't have an 899 but I do have adjustable clamps.

There is no 'best setting' - it all depends on what you're trying to achieve with the handling.

I'm guessing you bought them to get around a problem you've encountered with the handling of the bike?

3. No mate, I haven't ridden the bike, but they were a really good price and not seen any at that price before so decided to go for them. If I don't need them then I'll have no ssues getting my money back for them.
    I know there's no best setting (bit like asking for suspension settings), should've really asked what people are running and why as a starting point.

4. If you're selling them @Nelson might be interested.

Sorry I don't have/had an 899 so I can't help you with any experience but in basic terms using the smaller offsets will load the front tyre more and more as you're shifting more weight forward and will also increase the heaviness of the steering as a result, this heavier-feeling bike will be more stable once you're on the side of the tyre but will require more effort to get there (and more effort to change direction).

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks for that. Got 3 days booked at Andalucia in February where I'll keep it standard and see how I get on and then when I go to Cartagena April, I'll try some adjustments and see how we get on.

6. Problem is they're two different circuits.

My advice would be to master the bike and when you are beasting the thing everywhere you'll know what you don't like (or want to improve) regards the handling. I'd also suggest that you'll get significant handling changes by just altering the front and rear ride heights with the standard yokes/triples and you should probably go that route first.

Ideally you need to make step-wise changes using the same corners (ie same track) so that you are comparing apples to apples :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sounds like I've got an action plan

8. You wanna set the right fork to +5 and the left to -13. Then you wanna get two slips, a gully, and a silly mid off. If conditions are overcast I wouldn’t overdo the second serve. Don’t forget to grease the petrol cap.

9. Am I the only one that read the title as "899 Adjustable Nipple Clamps"? :eek:

10. I think I saw those on eBay.
    What's the stock 899 off-set?
    From what I read the 899 is pretty 'nimble' out the box and not heard of anyone to date needing to swap yokes, unlike their predecessors.
    Could be wrong , I'm new to Panj world?

11. Yes. Andy

• Crap Crap x 1
  12. That's alright El T, whenever someone advertises pannier liners, I always seem to read panty liners. I have no dea why :D. Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information