1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 899 Back From Service With Problems

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Gabagool, Aug 4, 2021.

1. If standard, I don't know why they said you'd need an eliminator then. That makes no sense. If you have an eliminator, the valve in the exhaust won't function. Maybe they mean something else like a connector for the exhaust valve is broken or something. That's all I can think of.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Becaue it means it doesn’t matter if flapper gets jammed, won’t bring up a fault. Still make it run shit but they’ve done their job at fixing at no cost to them ;)

#cynicalthursday

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yeah or this.... Be very naughty that though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Well what the said is that the valve is stuck open? Which has been like that for a long time by looks of it (last year from what I know) so I am unsure why it needs this now as it never flagged up anything before?

5. So will this still make the bike run crappy then?

6. The valve is meant to be nearly closed at low rpm so if it's seized open (common) it'll potentially affect the bottom end.

The key thing with exhaust valves is to service the cable(s) and then you're unlikely to have an issue.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Not unless it’s stuck shut. But bottom end fuelling will be a bit affected. I wired mine open and didn’t worry about it

8. Ahh right ok cheers guys. Could this be why it’s so loud at idle? Lol

9. If it is a Ducati main 'near Oxford' it's likely to be where I bought my Panigale and I will never let them near a motorcycle again, someone is going to get killed by their negligence..

My Wiring loom had been melted through by them when fitting a tracker (as part of the Ducati deal so you would think they could do it). And they left me for 15 days without an update and then said they couldn't see the issue. MotoRapido identified the issue in 10 mins and I paid £120 off my own back to get it resolved... I've not been back since...

On top of this, my dads friend test drove a demo Z1000 from their as they are multi franchise and the bike felt off, turns out the rear axle was loose and the wheel just rattling around in the swingarm.

I hope you get your bike sorted but document ever single conversation and be prepared to take legal action as I fear they simply aren't capable.

10. Usually closes about 4-5k rpm ish I believe so probs not. I did what @bradders did with my V2. Lockwired and an eliminator.

11. It is indeed the Oxford one. Level of service so far has been attrocious. They didn’t even think that they had my bike at one point…

What you have said is something you’d expect from a back street dealer not a main Dealer! I will keep on to them.

thanks for this

12. They need to be given the opportunity to resolve the issues but if you remain unhappy with the bike after it's returned, the next step is to contact Ducati UK directly.

And if they're unable to rectify the faults you're well within your rights to ask for your bike to be looked at by another franchised dealer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Spoiler alert, Ducati UK won't do anything. I bought a brand new bike and they STILL didn't get involved and support me when my bike electrics were shorting out from new... of course try, but I'm sorry to say that Ducati are taking too many chances letting these stack them high multifranchise dealers get hold of their franchises.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Are we talking the ones really near Oxford or the ones sort of near Oxford

15. Abingdon

• Like Like x 2
  16. This ^^

17. Cheers, good to know

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ok so update, I got in contact with Richard Collins head of Blade. what a lovely bloke and so helpful.
    He passed on the problems I had to a guy named Gavin, again spot on bloke. Very very helpful. they agreed to do it at cost price to then.
    it’s good to know that there are some people who are very helpful and understanding.

• Like Like x 3
  19. These muppets giving shite service should know the power of the media by now. However many peeps have read this thread, and thought I'm not gonna use those fookers! Typically we all speak to our biking mates and pass on the stories. The fools shall be outed!

• Like Like x 1
  20. The same goes of good service, Richard C. Keep up the good work.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information