1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 899 Back From Service With Problems

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Gabagool, Aug 4, 2021.

1. well. i am now back on here after receiving the bike back. They fixed the issues i had with the sensors. i had to pay their cost - not a problem.
    However, the bike went in on 12 August. Came back to me on 15th September. I was wondering why it had took so long. Now i know.
    Since recieving it back i noticed on the fairing they have chipped it (right hand side underneath the brake lever) and they have actually tried to cover it up by using a touch up pen on it! I genuinely am gob smacked at this level of service from a main Dealer!!

2. Absolutely, once again i have emailed Richard to again try and get this resolved.

3. Fascinating. When I bought my 999 - from one non brand-specific dealer - that sent it to a Ducati dealer in, one presumes from the name, Oxford, for the 18,000 mile service (inc. belts) and I asked if they recommend me taking it there for all my servicing. I was told, in a slightly horrified voice "No-o-o!" He explained that only one guy there knew what he was doing (like he, specifically, did mine).

And they charged more than £100 an hour labour. That would be to round up the injury with a bit of insult, no doubt!

(Still, I think I've found, here, where I will be taking it)

4. Ha really? Well I really wish I did my homework. When I enquired about the delivery date coming back to me they even had to check if it had already gone out for delivery. Told many many times they’d call me back. Nope. Constantly have to keep chasing.
    Incompetent at its best

5. Best of luck.

Here Cornerspeed, Nottingham (forum member Nellie) is highly recommended.

6. thanks mate i am too far away from there though :(

7. That's a shit show...:(

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. absolutely and im just waiting for them to say 'it wasnt our fault'

9. I’m sorry to hear this, where do we stand on a public name and shame for this dealer? They are going to get someone killed through their negligence

10. Depends what's too far. To be honest, I will travel quite far if I know for sure the works good as it saves hassles like you're going through.

• Like Like x 1
  11. If your local to Oxford you are close enough to go to motorapido, boring drive down the A34 but I’d still do it. Please please feed this back to Ducati. I fed my issues back to them and i got the impression it wasn’t the first they had heard of issues

12. thanks dude. my local mechanic who does my 999S belts said to take to motorapido.
    if it doesnt get sorted, i will definitely take to Ducati. I have never ever had a worse experience with a garage. i still cant believe how they TRIED to cover up the paint repair. it literally looks a different colour.

13. thanks dude. I will look to go further a field. first time using them though and its a shame as its my local

14. Been in the same boat myself. You never really expect to have to research till after something negative happens.

• Like Like x 1
  15. No, it does take a bit of believing, doesn't it? I can imagine being lost for words.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Good dealer location from me for servicing is what put me off getting a Ducati for quite a while. Mine's overdue its 2021 service, although I haven't done many miles since getting it last year, and I sill don't know the best approach. I'm based in Wiltshire.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Take a day off and spend it riding your bike to a dealer and back, do a few test rides while you wait

Do Not Sell My Personal Information