1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Engine Rebuild

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Nervy, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Thank you Simmy, that’s excellent. Really appreciate it.

2. I think @andyb can advise on a good engine builder

• Like Like x 1
  3. Guessing am not taking my bike there then if he's left, for an engine rebuild (ie high mileage)...

Nelly aka neil @ Cornerspeed ?...

• Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  4. Yep.

5. I don't think rich at louigi moto does much with panigales, he doesn't seem interested in working on them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. @Nervy, workshop got back to me today having finally dug out the motor. Sadly it's a top end right off. Apologies for the bad news. Andy

7. Thanks Andy, I appreciate both the kind thought and you getting back to me.

In case I end up needing a bottom end, would you mind hanging on to it for me for a few days, please?

8. Absolutely, no problem :upyeah: Andy

9. Thanks Andy, that's ace. I'm really grateful.

10. Thanks Nelson, I’ll drop him a line.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Hi @Android853sp -I've just dropped you a little mail, hope that's ok.

12. Never an issue. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  13. Top man, thank you Andy.

14. Did you buy it?

15. Hi Nelson, no, not yet anyway. I’ve been investigating the possibility of getting a ‘health check’ done on the spare engine we’ve got in the first instance. If that’s u/s too, then I’ll be off to the ‘bay I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hi All,

Sorry to necropost this- though I do enjoy saying necropost- but I’m finally in a position to start to put this curse-d bike back together after the ever-awesome @nelly undertook an engine rebuild for me.

Can anyone tell me what coolant should go in the 899, please? And also, what should I torque the bolts that hold the “air box” (the metal shroud that also carries the forks/ headstock etc, forgive me if it’s not called the airbox) on to the top of the engine too, please?

I’d be really grateful for anything anyone could advise.

Thanks in advance you lot.

17. Does any one have any ideas on this, please?

18. Ask Nelly?

19. Water? If it’s a track bike then water only. If for the road, I always just go 50/50 water and antifreeze. Any old antifreeze

Do Not Sell My Personal Information