1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 899 Pani Issues

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Sam Chesterton, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Hi all,

as above, i've got a 2014 899 Panigale.

Last few times i've been out (hot! weather), noticed a few annoying issues appearing.

1) low-ish gears, open her up and had a bit of spluttering before it cleared itself (a bit of an issue when overtaking as you can imagine).
    2) after a few miles, if i slow down to a stop and let the engine idle, it idle revs at about 4-5k rpm.

I was running it on just 95, few people suggested running it on 97 fuel instead which i have done, but hasn't seemed to cure the problem. No warning indicators on the dash either.

Just wondering if anyone has had any similar issues? Sensors.

Appreciate any feedback.

Sam.

2. Not entirely sure but one thing I will say is that my 1299 has only ever been run on v power and at my last trackday I had to run normal 95 from a local station as I had no choice, after a while (which would make sense because of the v power in the lines) the bike started spluttering almost misfire ish and felt down on power. I ran that fuel through and went back to v power and have never had a problem since..

3. Does it only happen when cold or once it's warmed up and loosened up? Mine feels rough for a good 20-30 mins on a cold day when it's a bit cold and tight.

4. I've only ever ran my 959 on 95 which it's says in manual and no such issues. I'd say it's some sort of sensor issue. If I pull the clutch in revs rise so these bikes are a bit more complicated than usual with fly by wire etc. I'd take it to dealer see if any faults show up.

5. may be a fly by wire issue.

6. You really need to take it in and have it hooked up to Ducati diaganostics

7. I wondered if anyone has ever got to the bottom of the spluttering issues at low revs. My 899 runs like a pig when pulling away from junctions etc at low revs, usually between the 3k and 4K rpm it’s very annoying and feels like the bike just wants to stall or cut out! Below or above these revs it runs fine and as the 30mph seems to be around this window of revs it is very difficult to drive my bike and just makes me feel like getting rid of the damn thing and NEVER buy a Ducati again PLEASE HELP!!! ANYBODY!!!

8. Very dramatic old bean.

decent map and one of those throttle spacers would probably help

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information