1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 899 Rear Ride Height

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Hogatron, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Hi, recently bought an 899 with an Ohlins TTX fitted and asked the dealer to put it back to standard height, it felt low compared to my 848 and stood too upright on the stand.
    They added 5mm to the shock length by adjusting the front clevis but I still think it's too low (seat height at lowest point is 20mm lower than spec but I'm not sure where you're meant to measure from anyhow!)
    Is there anyone who has a TTX that can count the threads or post a pic of the front clevis please, I'm hoping to get the adjustment without having to buy an adjustable linkage.
    Thanks

#1 Hogatron, Apr 14, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  2. To be that far out it sounds like it's had a lowering link put in it? Or had totally the wrong ttx fitted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. The linkage all looks oe to me.
    It's a TTX GP, i would think there must be something like 25mm of length adjustment in the end eye bolt/clevis so wouldn't say 5mm is that far out but thanks for your input.

4. My TTX GP in my 899 has around 8.5 threads showing on the height adjuster. Ride height feels fine and has just been rebuilt by JHP so should be set up spot on

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks Chris, exactly what I was after - mine has around 5 threads showing so still set too low

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. So if the thread pitch is 1.25mm theres another 5ish mm in length which will probably equate to your 20ish mm your are low.

7. That sounds about right, thanks again. Gonna have a go myself when I get the garage sorted - dealership have been disappointingly uninterested since I picked it up

8. One full turn on the ride height adjuster is 1mm. The front nut with the blue locking nut. I'll check mine shortly to see where it's at.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Like my dad always says, dealers are only interested till the point you give them your money, don't expect much after that... I'm sure there are much better dealers out there, but this has been his general experience.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information