1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8k Miles In A Year. Doable?

Discussion in 'D16 Desmosedici RR' started by Dave, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Yes - I was thinking of that :)

2. It certainly was - I set off from Cochem at 0800, made a quick stop at the Nurburgring with my mates who were going to do a few laps and then set off for home with another stop for coffee at Spa - just because I'd never been there before. After a few more stops and one downpour I finally got home at about 6:30.

• Like Like x 1
  3. And the odometer reading?

#183 Robarano, Sep 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2015
  4. Awesome! It sounds like nothing I have ever heard!!! I was trying filter in behind u just to catch more of a listen!! #stalker

• Like Like x 1
  5. [​IMG]

:)

• Like Like x 5
  6. YAY !

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Are JHP in possesion of your Desmo Dave?

8. Yes mate. They have been working on it this week but I haven't had a chance to give them a call for a progress update. I'm on a long weekend in Dubrovnik at the mo (hence the flag on my Avatar) and I've lost my mobile ... but I'm planning to give them a bell when I'm back in the UK on Tuesday. Watch this space as they say :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Not wanting to spoil your holiday; or anything. But right now, your pride and joy looks a little like this......... :)

sabrepieces.jpg

• Funny Funny x 5
  10. What's it like riding to the ring? Take long?

11. It's doable in a day from Calais. Early morning train in the tunnel, arrive Cochem for 5pm. @Pete1950 is you man for routes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. I have no idea how much it would've cost - I'll have to dig out the paperwork to see if it gives any clues.

I won't be putting as many miles on the bike from now on. I doubt I'll ever get it to 30,000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. She deserves an easy retirement :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Wow time flies. Those are great strip down phots on the other thread.

15. 8K in a year, personally all my bike have had at least 10K a year on them, I buy my bikes to ride and enjoy them in the sun shine or rain (that's what Goretex gear is for). I only spend 6 months a year in the UK due to my work, 6 weeks at home at one time and during the last 6 weeks over March & April I clocked up over 2K, just riding, no touring or commuting, just riding for sheer pleasure. My next stint at home is June & July and I'll easily clock up 3k. When you have 6 weeks off and live in Northern Ireland, where some of the best biking roads in the UK are on your door step, it's very easy to clock up the miles, especially when don't mind a little rain. But it's a personal choice. So take every opportunity you can and get out there and ride the wheels of it and you'll easily do 8K in a year, have a huge grin on your face too. :grinning:

16. It's traditional to read the thread before commenting.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  17. You realise this is a Desmo, £52k moto gp bike, designed for billiard smooth roads and something ever thief in the world wants to steal, right? ;)

And Dave has a few other bikes he likes to use...and like most of us is lucky to have 6 weekends a year to ride, never mid 6 week stints of no work :)

#198 bradders, May 13, 2017
    Last edited: May 13, 2017
  18. The price of them has really dropped! ;)

19. Aye to be sure and sure it tis...:smiley:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information