1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

900 Ss Fairing Subframe

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Scottiebike, Oct 1, 2020.

1. 20201001_160651.jpg

Been stripping down my 93 SS ready for bits to be repainted - the 3 nuts holding the instrument surround to the fairing subframe just spin ! No visible way of holding the threaded part - looked under the foam surround at one, flat circular head visible ??

Any ideas on how to slacken these 3 nuts ? Need to remove them as I want to get subframe blasted before painting.

cheers!

2. done the same on mine but only one spun it's a metal insert glued into the plastic , if i remember right i replaced the stud with a rubber Well-nut .

3. Yep, I had the same, as Portboy says the studs are spinning in the plastic.

I managed to cut the nuts off mine carefully with a Junior hacksaw with very little damage to the studs.

On reassembly I used standard nuts and spring washers but filed two flats on the ends of the studs so I could hold them with pliers whilst I did the nuts up the final 1/ turn.

Nasher.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information