1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

900ss / 93/94 - Gel Battery

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Reggie Sedgeley, May 12, 2018.

1. My YUASA died on me this morning (I shouted "you failed me!!!" as per the Vincent Gray character in The Sixth Sense). It's probably a couple of years old. I've been through about 3 or 4 similar in the 7 years I've owned the bike.

2. Thats a bit odd? Shouldn't they be lasting longer than that?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  3. Mine’s still going strong after 4 years

4. My SS had a branded / copy Yuasa (lead acid conventional top-up type) when I got it. It didn't get changed for about seven years and as far as I could tell from receipts from the previous owner it was already two years old when I got the bike.

I only topped it up twice and charged it twice in those seven years.

5. Yiu must have used you bike enough to keep it tip top.

6. My bad. Nothing wrong with battery, which is in fact a Varta.
    Looks like I had a dodgy connection between the solenoid and the battery. There was nothing at the starter button, not even a twitch. I played with the leads and power was restored. Glorious.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Good news, a multimeter is your friend

8. So to throw in my two penny worth, I have Hawker Oddesy batteries fitted to both my bikes, but it doesn't matter what battery you have if the starter cables are not up to the job, see @Exige for some cracking replacements

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Indeed - a chain is only as strong as its weakest link

10. Before season I put in a new Yuasa AGM battery in my SSie and installed a new set of OEM champion spark plugs. Seem to work good. Have read that using other than OEM spark plugs can give various issues, so I stick with the Champions.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information