1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

900ss Clutch Mystery Parts!

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Pete W, Oct 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. I think you/we are at cross purposes there are 2 different needle rollers applicable to the clutch. No 31 in the drawing above inside the clutch driven gear circa 25 -30mm ID (which should be relatively easy to change) and needle rollers that sit inside the gearbox shaft to support the clutch pushrod circa 12mm ID (which are a bastard to change)

2. Yes, I think 'Tedjeparre' who posted the question was referring to the smaller needle roller bearing which as you said is a bit of a bugger to change. He provided the part number and oil seal so I'm pretty sure that's the bearing he wants to change.
    Pete

#22 Pete W, Jan 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  3. That's the right one.

4. One final word of advice.
    I wrote earlier that it may be best to remove the clutch rod from the clutch side if you're worried about a damaged needle bearing and the possibility of rollers accidentally going down the shaft. However the usual method is I think to tap out the rod so it comes out at the slave cylinder side (taking care not to damage the 2 O-rings on the shaft). I dont see any problem with either method if enough care is taken.
    Pete

Do Not Sell My Personal Information