1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

900ss Ie Service Etc Etc.

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Alan williams, Dec 30, 2018.

1. I'm guessing there is no way to 'jack' the front end up without removing the exhausts ?

Not a major problem to remove them, I'd just rather not. (Especially as Arnie owned my bike at some point, I can see removing them ending in tears).

2. Have a look at JPDiag for CAN-bus diagnostic software:
    https://jpdiag.xooit.eu/index.php

• Like Like x 1
  3. I think that is Windows only unfortunately, I have been looking at GuzziDiag too - which has a Linux version, but that doesn't seem to work on a raspberry Pi.

4. I just did a quick search and found an old Arduino-based project (looks defunct tho'), so there's stuff out there. I'm also interested in a Pi or similar CAN project but unfirtunately haven't the time. I'll search again tho and post again if I find anything. The JPDiag bloke is worth talking to - looks like he does it to help people... Have a search here too - there have been many CAN-diagnostics questions...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. I might join the JP Diag forum and ask the question there too.

Wondered about the GuzziDiag one having a PI version, as it already has a Linux version.

My thinking is a Pi based diagnostic tool, maybe even permanently mounted somewhere to record the data too.

6. What on earth is a raspberry pi :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. IT witchcraft Paul - don't ask :bucktooth:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. I guess a starting point would be a Can interface for the PI, something like this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/USB-Conver...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

9. The 900SSie with an IAW15 ECU doesn't use nor have CANbus!

10. Ah, fair enough.

Don’t suppose you know what protocol the diagnostics is ?

11. Doesn't Guzzidiag use the OBD protocol ?

12. Haven't a clue. The diagnostics connects to the ECU K-line.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Looks like GuzziDiag uses OBD (ELM327) to connect to the ECU.

For what I'd like to do perhaps getting GuzziDiag working on the PI will do it.

14. Lemon Pie, bit bigger than a credit card though :(

AA872351-7CFF-4977-A739-63E5C96E7ED5.jpeg

:joy::joy:
    sorry, as you were, back on track.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Got side tracked here this morning. :)

Any way to ‘Jack’ the front up without taking the exhausts off ?

16. If the bike is supported on something like an Abbastand or axle stands below inverted rider footrests you can put a jack under the starter motor. Put it as near to the starter flange as possible to minimise the twisting moment on the crankcase as the starter on these models isn't supported at the other end.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Bricks under the front tyre :thinkingface:
    You're welcome :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. various ways to suspend the front of the bike probably easiest way is is al's licenced stands with a bar through the frame at the headstock first 2 pics curtesy of al
    last pic is my effort StandDims.jpg Hole.jpg WP_20160505_18_26_34_Pro.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. By Al I guess you mean @Arquebus ?

A while back he'd said he no longer had a need for his stands, I was going to buy them but didn't get round to sorting it out. Don't think he has been on the site for a while, hope he is ok.

I like your version too, perhaps have a go at that myself, thank you.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information