1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

900ss Ie Service Etc Etc.

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Alan williams, Dec 30, 2018.

1. yep agree not seen him on here for a while i know people disappear for a while then come back
    defiantly hope he is ok
    not sure we would all survive without his font of knowledge and wit

the bases on my stands i used a router and created a lap joint for a bit of strength
    but mainly i was bored and wanted to play with power tools lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Just been looking at buying a stand.

Was thinking, sod it will get an ABBA stand, but they’re out of stock and to be honest £150 for a stand seems a lot.
    Any other, preferably cheaper, options anyone can recommend?

3. Are you any good as a welder? I knocked up my own for my '98 SS back then from square steel tube that I had lying around, plus some large threaded bar and turned end pieces:). Not bragging - just sayin'... I can post a pic if I can find it in the garage mess.

4. Sadly no. Post a pic though, always interesting to see.

I am torn between getting the ABBA stand and looking at the cheaper ones better. I understand the 'get what you pay for' attitude, but also wonder how much I'd be paying for the 'name'.

5. I'll dig it out at the weekend:upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Alan, I have an unused ABBA stand if you want it, it needs a minor fettle on a small part but it's yours if you want it.

• Like Like x 3
  7. That’s a great offer, thank you.

Unfortunately I bit the bullet and ordered one last night. My thinking in the end was, yes they’re quite expensive but it’s cheap to add fittings for other bikes.
    (My wife currently has a 250, I suspect when she gets her confidence back it will be part exchanged).

Thank you anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I don't think you'll regret it. Made in England too and built to last. Just one accident with an insecure stand arrangement would cost way more than the Abba unit and I've now got three sets of fittings for different bikes - those for the 900SS are a bit odd compared to the others and it makes sense to take some time the first time you use them. There's also a fair bit of grease to avoid on the threads where the fitting goes on one side. Once up on the Abba stand the bike is very stable and various arrangements for lifting the front can be considered, including ratchet straps from above.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information