1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

900ss Keeps Stalling At Idle

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by ck_uk, Oct 17, 2016.

1. They start running fast when they have enough idle listen to the engine

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Yeah, i've fitted one or two of those over the years myself, enough throwaway packaging to make carDboard city for the homeless folks.Lol

#22 XH558, Apr 15, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  3. Of course while your sitting there eating a very nice cupcake.:upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. I know mines a 600ss but when hot during a ride it ticks over at about 1,300 rpm which seems a little high but it always starts spot on with very little choke and is fine to ride from cold so I'm loathed to touch it and make it worse while tryig to make it better!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. An update on my 900Sl, well it broke down on saturday but just at the right property with a few tools lying around for the job, turned out tobe the spark plug electrode gap size was too large and fuel was not igniting and also the vertical cylinder Ht lead was loose.:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  6. All good now then?

7. Yes the gaps have been adjusted 0.5 ish etc and i went on my merry way, also i've two new plugs on order just incase for the future.
    If i was down on the coast that day i'd have been really cheese off especially as you need an allen key for access to that comprehensive tool kit in the boot.Lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ah the hardships of SL ownership.
    With mine you just twist the key to get access to the comprehensive tool kit
    :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yeah i should have purchased a lower spec model like yours.;)

10. Eh?

11. I looked in the parts fiche to see where the little filter is by the tee in the fuel lines. They call it a jet but which line is it in? Is it in the line to the carbs or return line to the tank. I'd be keen to make sure it's clean as I'm fitting new filers etc. to a 900ss at the moment.

12. Took the side fairings off with the idea of adjusting the tick over as its currently on 900/1000 rpm.

This feels a tad slow and has a tendency to stall when cold, and now when hot.

A combination of not having the hands of a child and the flexibility of a contortionist has made me think twice.

I’ve read other threads here on how to do this, but by Christ this should be a simple two minute job!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Perhaps the missus has lovely small hands that do wonderful things in tight spaces.

14. Bit creepy.

15. Only if your in a horror movie, i've to say at this stage ...one has not looked at this proposition mines ok at the minute & i'll have a rideout on sun / monday.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information