1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

900ss Rear Hanger And Caliper Refurb

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by ck_uk, Apr 15, 2019.

1. What can I do with the rear hanger and caliper on my SS ?

Even after degreasing the hanger, and cleaning everything up with brake cleaner, it's still 'minging' on the surface. I don't know what to do with it.

Can the hanger be polished? Should it be polished? But then I'd have to polish the whole swingarm to match, I would think. Not sure the photos illustrate the problem well enough.

What's the trick to bringing the caliper up like new? Just loads of brake cleaner and persistence?

Also, can the caliper bolts be replace with stainless versions? Is that wise?

IMG_7771.JPG IMG_7772.JPG IMG_7773.JPG IMG_7776.JPG

2. ProBolt have made a business out of aftermarket replacement bolts. Some of it out of me having bought replacement front caliper bolts for all my bikes :upyeah: If it were me, I’d probably polish or get the hanger coated in one of these ceramic finishes and repaint the caliper. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. please don't polish it - you're not american. Exhaust yes... other shit... er... no.

try harpic power and a good scrub first of all.

You could get it ceramic coated, but you're wasting the benefit of a technical finish, or alternatively just get it powder coated. It's your money, so if you want cerakote or similar just go for it.
    Bolts just replace. You could go stainless, but please don't go aluminium.
    If you're looking at swanky drilled, flanged hex, then there's not that much price difference between ti and stainless. :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information