1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

900ss Supporting Her Rear End

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by ush1000, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Hi I have a couple of jobs to do on my 1993 900SS swingarm and rear shock so need to support the bike at the rear without loading the suspension. Normally I would jack the bike up and support the engine on wooden blocks. But the bloomin exhaust is in the way so what do you guys do? Am thinking I can use two small wooden blocks onto the engine either side of the exhaust then use one long piece of wood under these two?

2. Ha - ha......What you need is this........I don't use it anymore, because I sold the SS.

Changed the swingarm etc etc with removing the exhaust, pilion footrests etc etc.

And if you come to Suffolk to get it, you can have the front one as well.

But get your own bars - I'm keeping them.

SW2.jpg

3. I am lucky enough to have a garage, so my solution is to throw a couple of heavy duty ratchet straps over one of the rafters and around the rear frame, having put the bike on a rear paddock stand of course.

I then use a trolley jack and a block of wood to carefully raise the bike a little, under the bit of the engine you can get to.

Tighten the straps as you go to take up the slack and lower the jack till the pressure is off the suspension but so that the jack is just helping to take some of the weight too.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information