1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

900ss

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Michael Upon Tyne, May 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is one of the last of the carburettor 900 Supersports, registered in October 1995 and arguably the best looking Ducati Supersport with a fantastic combination of light weight, torquey v-twin power, Goldline Brembo brakes and the stunning soundtrack of the twin pipes and the dry clutch!

I am the 4th owner of the bike, and it’s condition is a testament to the previous owners as it has been regularly maintained and in a fantastic cosmetic state as the photographs prove.

The bike has done just 16,997 miles, has a current MOT until August of this year. Last year the cambelts, oil filter and oil were changed, the floppy mirrors sorted and a pair of Pirelli Diablo tyres fitted, they’ve only seen a hundred miles and don’t show any wear since fitment.

The bike is in very original condition except for some sensible modifications including braided hoses throughout and an Odyssey dry cell battery that I fitted to improve turnover when starting from cold. The battery condition has been maintained using an Optimate 4 charger which is included in the sale.

There will be extensive paperwork provided with the bike including; the original Ducati handbook, the Warranty and Maintenance Booklet, all MOT certificates, all servicing records (including a breakdown of an engine overhaul in 2011 to replace cracked cylinder head studs with 916 items) and the Haynes manual.

The bike has been a pleasure to own and would be staying in the garage if I had more time to enjoy it, please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions, first £3,650 (or thereabouts) secures!

ps. there are loads more pictures in my 900ss gallery, cheers for looking.

AND_5666.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fuck me that's clean

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Mer polish is the way forward... ever tried it?

The guy who took the pictures said 'you'll like pictures, they make the bike look like glass' wasn't sure what he meant until I saw the fairing on a big monitor :)

4. I prefer autoglym, always been disappointed with mer, ditto Meguires. I suspect it has more to do with the product matching the person applying it than the product itself.

5. Still for sale ?

6. Apart from the fact that they went on to 1997 and some even at 1998........Nice bike though.

7. Sorry BB, it sold last week on Ebay...

8. Thread closed :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information