1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

900ss

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Steve E, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Don't know if there's any interest on here for this kind of thing.
    Bought a standard 1999 900ss last year, and have come up with this.

100_1068.JPG

100_1058.JPG

• Like Like x 19
  2. Looks fantastic, any before photos?

3. Thanks, here's a few pics.

100_0590.JPG

100_0596.JPG

100_0981.JPG

100_1008.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  4. Absolute DBs!!! Congrats on a job well done.

#6 michel couque, Jul 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  5. absolutely brilliant.

6. Thanks for the kind comments, took the SS out for a test ride, MOT, and got the ECU mapped. Rides really nicely, wouldn't complain too much if I have to keep this one.

100_1086.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  7. very nice! (may I ask where you got the ECU mapped?)

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Nice job.
    What's the story with the Pantah in your avatar?

9. Thanks John.
    I bought the Pantah in 2008. It had only done 9000km, but had been off the road since 1987.
    All original, but needed a bit of TLC. After restoring the bike it was sold in 2009.
    I was looking on the Made In Italy site a few weeks back, and was suprised to see it up for sale. If there's one bike I could have kept, it's this one.
    high quality Italian Motorcycles

• Like Like x 1
  10. That's lovely!

11. Looks like a quality job done nicely.

12. Fantastic job Steve, I'd completly missed this build.

13. Cheers Chris, much appreciated.

14. Hi!

Superb work, just my cup of tea!:) Can you tell anything about the bits and pieces you have used, all custom made? Looking for a fairing stay to accomodate such fairing but looks like the only option is DIY..

Cheers,
    Fredrik

15. Hi Fredrik
    The tank was custom made, the rear subframe needed some alteration. The original fairing mount was used, just needed some headlight mounting brackets, and few other minor mods.
    Replica Conti silencers came from ebay (needed some link pipes made), seat, and fairing from Bill Roberts.

100_1014.JPG

100_1017.JPG

16. Hi,
    Cool, thank you for sharing! Looks like these Bill Roberts parts are a bit hard to get by from Sweden but it's nice to know that you used the old bracket. I guess my largest doubt when it comes to all this is doing the non-reverisble cafe-conversion, you have no regrets?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information