1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

900ssie Dp Ecu

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by WAH900ss, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Reader video

Writer video

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kevin, They are on holiday till the 22nd. I'll wait till I get a reply, then may reprogramme myself. I ordered a new cable as mine won't work. Its for my Multistrada.

3. Hi, have you had any response from Ducati Grenoble? Not a peep from them to me - sent an email requesting an exchange on the 18th August.

4. Hey Kevin, they were on Annual leave until yesterday. I sent 3 emails in total, then just called them. They replied by email buy ai thought it better just to discuss on phone. My ECU appears completely dead. I am awaiting a reply about it hopefully today.

Ian

• Like Like x 1
  5. Afternoon,
    had a response from Grenoble -

Hi,

I just finished testing two of our ECUs on a 2002 900 SSie Senna that is currently in our store.
    One of them doesn't run the pump, the other does but the bike won't start anyway.

That's strange, the previous versions were working just fine... I think the best solution is to refund you, if you're ok with it ?

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Anyway, asked for the refund, I'll have a go at loading the map from ChrisW onto the working ECU (tried to flash the one from Grenoble, and though it says its done, same result as before) - would prefer to do any reflash on a spare ECU though, may have a look around first before I tinker!
    Still waiting for refund to appear however....

• Like Like x 1
  6. This is exactly where I am at, waiting on a refund too

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ready the Haynes manual, there's 2 different ECUS for the SS between 1998 and 2002, and there appears to be 2 different ones for the 900 monster, from 1998 to 2002 and a different one 2002. This last one doesn't have the same pin configuration as the earlier one, and is not the same as the later 900SS ECU pin layout. Maybe this is the one I have got?

8. Found this info on the old Up North Forum

There are slight pin and wiring differences between the A0 and A8.
    For an A8 to run a bike with an A0 harness you need to do the following either by moving pins or using your switch to make the changes.

Move A0 harness pin 19 to pin 15. This switches the injection relay coil to ground, thus powering the pump, coils and injectors.
    The A0 does not have a side stand switch, whilst the A8 has this as an input to the ECU at pin 16.
    Therefore the A0 harness pin 16 needs to be connected to ground/B - to signal the A8 ECU that the stand is up.
    This overrides that protection that did not exist in the A0, so take care when taking off.

9. Thanks, but I'm only dealing with A8 here

10. Morning Chris, now that is very interesting as I have a 1999 SSie - no side stand switch and after checking is a A0 ecu - new ecu is an A8. I'll have a look at the harness and see what I can do to temporarily rig up a mod and see if I can get the A8 to run on the bike.

• Like Like x 1
  11. If you used some 3 pin switches you could have position 1 as A0 and position 2 as A8. Bike could then run both ECU types.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Confirmed, 2001 900ie monster has A8 ECU installed.

13. Hi Ian, so is your original ecu an A8 or A0? As mine is an A0, I'm thinking the ECU I have could be ok - may wait and try it in the Monster and leave the ss as standard.

14. and the 99 ssie has an A0 ECU

15. Hi Chris,
    Idle wonderings, but I'm assuming the maps for A8 and A0 are different, looking at IAW15xWriter log files they appear to be loading at different locations within the ECU and the map won't run the bike with the A0 fitted - all ok when I replaced the original. That said, I don't suppose you know the whereabouts of a DP map for pre 2000 900SSie (A0 based ECU)?

16. Just read your posts and looked at the pictures, answered my own question....

17. My original is an A8

18. Sorry I cannot help. My ECU interest is the IAW5* family not the IAW15M.
    A solution would be to start a repository of members maps for the IAW15 derivatives using the Guzzidiag reader software.

I wonder if there is a map file size difference between the A0 and A8 like there is between the IAW59M and IAW5AM?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Good morning, idle thought, but just wondered if you had seen anything of a refund as yet? I've just sent an email asking when they may be getting ound to it.

20. No Kevin, I chased them up last week but still nothing

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information