1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

907ie Restoration

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by GrayVtwin, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Update! I now have a 907ie that runs very nicely. Currently it is minus wheels .. away getting painted and a few other bits and pieces BUT the engine sounds sweet, the ecu works (thank goodness). The service record I got with it seems to be accurate. It appears it really had only done a couple of 100 miles since it was serviced in 2002. Having a friend who is a factory trained technician has helped lot. Further updates and pics .. in due course!

#21 GrayVtwin, Aug 2, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Refurbed wheels fitted. New tyres fitted. Brakes and Clutch bled. New clutch fitted (and it seems fine). Leaky tank fixed. Speedo drive fixed. Next job is to finish setting up the engine. I think I'll be able to take it for a squirt up a (private) road within a couple of weeks ... Then start on the cosmetics and refitting the fairing. Exciting!!! Won't put it on the road until next year though.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I've been busy! Running really nicely so I'll Mot it shortly. Biggest extravagance has been the Samco hoses. I had managed to get some good standard ones but couldn't bring myself to trust them after all the time I've put into it. Engine hasn't been painted .. I'll get to that next winter if everything else turns out to be in good order (pretty sure it will be but you never know!)
    IMG_2803.JPG

• Like Like x 7

4. Well, I rode the bike for a few miles last year and it runs perfectly. Never bothered with painting the engine over the winter as other projects on the go. Toying with the idea of selling it but can't make up my mind. Nothing new there ... still space in the garage thankfully!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information