1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Flasher Relay

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Haydn, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Hi,

My Flasher Relay is playing up and whilst investigating the housing fell apart. Genuine replacement is approx £20. Has anyone used an alternative of the correct size which will fit into the rubber holder ok?

Cheers
    Haydn

2. Subscribing to this thread as I need one for the R1, I've just bypassed it in the meantime so the indicator goes on and doesn't flash.

3. Take the relay to an auto electrical stockist and they should be able to get you the correct one as they have a reference manual that they can use to refer to the pins in and out and their position within the relay. I did this with a couple of relays for my 748 and the two together were only £12 but they did have to be ordered in. Most relays are just stock items I have only come across one that wasn't and that was for a Porsche! £70! new from them

4. I think you can in most cases replace an old (and laughably expensive) OE relay with a new one which will support either bulbs or LEDs. There are dozens on eBay from 99p upwards - looks as if whether it has 2 or 3 pins is one variable to consider, apart from wattage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. As @Recidivist said.

I sold an electronic one for less than I bought it ages ago, it was just spare, to a guy with a 916 having trouble.

Worked a treat, just check wattage and number of wires. The relay will then support LEDs or bulbs or a mixture and the flash rate will remain constant.

More than I can say for my 1098, where the dammed unit is part of the dash and adopts all sorts of weird behavior, when you change from OEM

Do Not Sell My Personal Information