1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 916 Leaky Shock!

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Pete433, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Then i woke up with my head in the cornflakes.;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. still a good price id say... id imagine they are hard to come by these days?

3. im not the bin freak on here! although i think i have been faster on a wheelie bin than that chap...
    one night after the pub in Auckland city, i decided it would be quicker to ride a wheelie bin down Parnell rise than walk it.. so with the encouragement of my mate i commandeered one, lay it on its side, straddled it and set off down the hill.. Parnell rise is kinda very steep and after about 50 mtrrs it was motoring! i still had about 300 mtrs to go but was gaining so much speed i had to exercise my bail out option... i did a few somersaults but survived with a few scrapes and a broken index finger... many laughs were had at my expense...

4. I bought a very nice Showa middle of last year for £80. Put it on the 748sps so I could refurb the Ohlins
    Need to get on with that refurb

5. Quick thanks for the advice. Took the shock to Mark at MH Racing in Chippenham, came back looking the nuts! Top bloke too

07BAABA7-7562-481C-86EE-52A976F81CC8.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  6. Yeah marks a top guy!!

7. That looks like new & worth the money and effort:upyeah:.....what was the price for this overhaul service for us folks.:thinkingface:

• Crap Crap x 1
  8. It was £300 which included next day courier service and I did ask if he could powder coat the spring for me. All seals were renewed and a new rubber bung added. Polished it up a treat too

• Like Like x 1
  9. Good value for money and if looked after,up & running for another twenty years.:upyeah:

10. Definitely. To be fair with the powder coating and postage it bumps it up but still worth it. Cheapest new I saw was about £500 so still a saving. Only problem is I now have to get on the polishing or it’ll make the rest of the bike look shite!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. I'm not sure when you kickoff your riding campaign for the season,but if it's good weather by 1st of april then you have plenty of time for the polishing act.:upyeah:

12. i tend to be most of the year on the runaround bike but the 916's life will be dictated by the sun! to be fair, the polishing helps with the cold turkeying..

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. i'm going to have a go at giving the exhaust a good polish, i dont think they've ever been done. autosol and and sponge on a drill bit for me this weekend..

• Like Like x 1
  14. With you all the way on the sun/916 comment,there's no point in wasting good tyres in the wet.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information