1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Line Up At Nec Show

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by farmster, Nov 23, 2019.

1. What caused the vacuum to implode the tank?

#21 Paddock328, Nov 28, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
  2. Question is how many of you forum members were up there on the launch back in Nov/1993,i was with some mates and very much like the 916 from the word go but not the price tag,it was eight odd years later that i test rode my first Ducati 996s & then purchased one twenty years after the show day in 2013/2014 .The Honda & the Ducati stands were buzzing with flies on the day.

3. I saw it in a magazine the first time,wich i think i still have.
    Was 18 years old then.
    Want one from the moment i saw it.
    The strada was even more expensive in the beginning,the biposto was a bit cheaper.
    Bought my first second hand in ‘97.
    Had a 998 in 2002 and now back to a ‘94 strada wich is a keeper

Henk!!!

• Like Like x 3
  4. The Strada was priced at £11750 plus on the road charges? for memory.I'd just purchased my first Honda fireblade for £6600 which was a much better machine.IMO:)

5. indeed, it tipped the 12k mark at the time, and when the SP 1/2/3 came out they rocked in at the 15k mark iirc.

• Like Like x 1
  6. A couple up for sale recently on carandclassic for £15k overseas /£19k UK so a slow return on the profit compared to say a Foggy Rep / 998r.but i like them and wouldn't say No now to another bike in my collection.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nice one for your collection but i think the rear wheel has been repainted.
    LLT4VJKZIXDucati 916 Biposto
    Was up for 9k just dropped £500

8. Too basic for me i'd need the pop version everytime.:upyeah:

9. My local dealer told me they'd been in contact with Italy and it couldn't happen, mine had definately been sucked in . I took it to the main importers in 3 crosses and they had it replaced, £800 at the time ! Later i was in a shop in Bristol and the second hand one on the stand had also been sucked in just not as bad as mine.

10. There has been one or two comments on individual bikes but as far as the stand went with them all there, any good?

11. The bikes were all donated by the owners club, we had a chat with the girl on the stand

• Like Like x 1
  12. We went to the show on the Saturday and my mate managed to get us into a lunch for the TT riders in the Motor Cycle Museum.
    Sat next to a lovely man who had completed the TT seven times and crashed on the his last one, broke his pelvis which finshed his career.
    A fascinating guy, I'm afraid I can't remember his name.
    He still has a lot of his bikes, Nortons to GSXRs and Ducatis.
    He still has 38 bikes, did most of it in an old Thames van, that much I can remember.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information