1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 916 Pain!!!

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Gary0003, May 6, 2018.

1. Nick nicely put and what a yummy bike you have there,mind you not too many cakes;)

2. My personal experience: do some yoga and build your core strength. Then consciously ride using your core to support your body mass, rather than having the load on your wrists.

This might not be 'manly' to some of us, but it works for me.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. I
    Nah, coffee and cake is a better plan

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. A local 888 owner here in Denmark, too old/bad shape/bad back did this to his DUC to keep riding it.

On one hand I understand that you love your bike and will do anything to keep riding it, but if you have to install bicycle handlebars on it, hmm....kinda destroys the whole look/feel riding a Superbike.

Like those men getting really thin haired, letting it grow to compensate....never gonna look OK, maybe just a little bit hilarious to everybody else.

54AE8AB5-81D0-43E5-8647-1AAEEFA94477.jpeg

5. Looks fine to me and if this keeps his biking time longer then so be it:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. I have the Cyclecat adjustable bars to mine, raised slightly from standard (can't raise much anyway or they hit the fairing) but the biggest improvement for me is that they are longer, which sits my arms/shoulders in a better position.

Also got a Sargent seat which is thicker, especially at the front which helps stop you sliding into the tank plus adjustable rearsets and I find it quite comfortable, the only downer is weight on the wrists at low speed.

Overall probably my most comfortable bike over long distances although that's probably more down to miles done on it than anything else, but it's certainly plush compared to my old Guzzi...

7. Ducabike also make adjustable bars that adjust the angle of the clip on bar from original spec through to relatively comfy spec. The issue is the steep angle that the standard bars drop.

Got them on mine and made the bike so much easier to ride.

Have a look at it he Conquest Carbon link in the Retailers section and see if a discount code is available.

8. Just give it to me. All pain gone instantly ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Just an off the wall suggestion, not mentioned so far.

Get a (smallish) tank bag and fill it up. You can lean your body weight on it, resting your wrists for short periods.

BTW, it won’t look cool, but then hobbling off off the bike clutching your back isn’t either.

;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Just an off the wall suggestion, not mentioned so far.

Get a (smallish) tank bag and fill it up. You can lean your body weight on it, resting your wrists for short periods.

BTW, it won’t look cool, but then hobbling off off the bike clutching your back isn’t either.

;)

11. Or, eat more pies and rest on yer belly... :yum

• Like Like x 3
  12. Yup I've combined that with Gilles adjustable bars and adjustable rear sets and it's like riding a mutley

13. Doesn’t help your neck though.
    I found a lot of my neck problem was due to the top of the helmet aperture cutting off my vision, so I had lift my head even more.
    I was able to pad the inside of the helmet to get it to sit at a more favourable angle, which really helped.
    The other thing is that you need a helmet that is specifically designed for sports bikes and their riding position.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Agreed on this one.
    I can’t wear my HJC with a leather jacket on my 748 as the back sits on the top of the leather and won’t let me lift my head enough fine with my cordura jacket.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. i bought an AGV pista and found one of the benefits is that it doesnt push down and block my vision so there is a lot less neck strain

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Building up your abs and core strength is the way to go. I’m 54 and have been commuting on mine on dry days for the last 20 years. Holding your weight off the wrists is a necessary part of riding this bike but I still love it !!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Still doesn’t help the neck pain

18. It's all about time spent in the saddle. The more frequently you ride it and the further you ride it, the more your body will adjust and adapt to the riding position. Don't expect it to happen quickly, like all good things it takes time and perseverance but the rewards are worth it

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information