1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 916 Senna Mk1

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by yev, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Mine is very erotic number

2. It was the brother of a work colleague, asked £12k but was prepared to take £11k ish as it was an import from Germany. The market has been a little strange this year with Mk IIs and Mk IIIs on sale for more than Mk Is. Nothing special mechanically but for me the later releases were nothing more than money making exercise after the original release unexpectedly sold out in no time at all. Definitely the one to have though. Hope you enjoy :upyeah:. Andy

3. I do remember that bike, you posted about it earlier in the year, right? I've been offered it 2 years ago by original owner just outside Munich ,but I got put off by a mileage ,from memory was over 50k km? he only wanted euro 9k for it. really nice bloke.

4. Recently gave a 916 Senna II a wipe over ready for auction, It's in a previous thread, That ended up selling for £25875.

IMG_20170726_1435202.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. That was the zero mile one?

6. That's the one...5 miles from new. :upyeah:

7. Without looking back at my original post, my memory is telling me it had about 23,000 miles. If it's been looked after and is a keeper, I think the mileage matters less, especially as the model becomes rarer and rarer. Pleased you have found one now and look forward to the pictures. Andy

8. IMG_1969.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  9. IMG_1982.jpg IMG_1983.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. anyione knows if it was supposed to come with this silly gold coloured dumper and carbon mudguard? or is it afterthough?
    small carbon indicators and black screen will have to go asap

11. what would be the easiest way of emptying tank from fuel without taking tank off the bike?

12. Don't think you'll find an easier way to get the fuel out than taking the tank off, it's only a five min job.
    Steve

13. Riding it around a lot!

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. what would be the easiest way of emptying tank from fuel without taking tank off the bike?
    yeah, that was the plan! to burn fuel off by blasting it round, but bike got delivered with no battery any clutch reservoir empty , I am off to India on Saturday, don't have time to sort anything before I go away and cannot leave bike with petrol in it at my work for insurance reasons, so need to drain it

15. I use a long piece of the same small bore plastic tubing that I use to bleed the brakes/clutch. Make sure it's clear tubing because you can see the petrol coming and don't get a gob full and just make sure that the open end of the tube sits in the lowest point of the tank. Andy

16. Take the bike off the tank? :)

17. all done. 9 litres of fuel come out. bike is empty. when I get back from India I will change all the liquids and aftermarket parts, take her for a quick blast, and make some decent pics for the forum

18. another quick question: speedo glass got crack in it. can I buy just a glass to replace or does the whole speedo needs to be changed? anyone done it?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Think you better of with new speedo.
    Think saw it once you have to cut the body of the speedo in half if you want to replace the glass.
    And then glue it back together.
    Don’t think you can screw it open.

Henk!!!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information