1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 916 Senna Mk1

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by yev, Oct 20, 2017.

1. 6ADFFAD8-7E2E-4FEA-8CC5-D01CBD4E5063.jpeg AEF2B857-DDA8-4F52-9E6B-96F698EB0E44.jpeg 488C4704-62DB-4571-A476-728E7DC60F32.jpeg 68E53781-A594-47D9-BBE9-395FFC0BF14A.jpeg Does this looks like standard Ducati termi system? Looks slightly different to Ones I e seen before? For example no mounting points for exhaust heat shield ???

2. This is a picture of a 45/50 (L) and a 45/45 (R) middle pipe. The heat shield on the 45/50 system on my 748R is attached by a jubilee type fixing that attaches to the end can pipe work. I've not been able to find a clear photograph on the internet to compare. Andy

IMG_0208.JPG

3. Okay, I've done a bit more looking and I'm pretty sure (might be wrong) but the original 916 Senna Mk1 came with a 45mm exhuast system like this.
    IMG_0209.JPG

From your picture, it looks like you might have a 45/50mm mid pipe so the lack of heat shield fixing is probably right. If I can find it, I know the type of heat shield fixing you need has been discussed on the forum. I'll keep digging. Andy

4. I have to ask, what's with the black fairing lower?

5. Library photo off Google as it was the clearest picture on topic. Andy

6. thanks, so does it mean that I have 50mm system with 45mm cans??? bit weird? also- my shock it not in the best condition cosmetically, it there places which are recommended for ohlins rebuild?

7. Aha!

8. Other way round, 40mm system with 50mm end cans which was a common "upgrade". Someone posted about a shock service very recently so have search, lots do it. Andy

9. Lowers were matte black as standard on the Mk1 916 Senna

10. only just got some time to work on the bike. immediate question:
    lifted seat unit and i can see on the corners undernease where paint was chipped red colour undernease Senna grey.
    seat unit looks totally original to me , doesnt look like its been resprayed at all. part number is 483.1.019.1A stamped . so did ducati just took red seats and spreayed them grey for SENNA editions? or did i ended up with resprayed seat unit?

11. Just popped in to say there's a lot of sexyness in this thread :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. It was not uncommon at that time to take panels off the shelf and respray them at the factory before fitting. I had an early yellow 996bp where the all the panels were the same date stamp but started out life as red. Andy

13. where is the day stamp on the panels ? i could not see ?

14. i think i am gonna attempt to replace belts on this bike myself.
    fist time ever... is it doable or will i fuck it up? do i need to get that special tool??? for bets tension?

15. The stamps are on the inside - only they are not stamps - small date clocks in the mould tool showing the year with dots for each month.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. My yellow '97 750SS has a red cowl painted yellow... and as far as I know it's original to the bike.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I always wondered what that meant. Oh no... that's another level of obsessiveness to try and stave off... o_O

18. just looked again. cant find anything

19. Take a high res shot of the inside of your fairing panels and send me it :):upyeah:

20. IMG_0629-1.jpg

Mk1 almost ready to go back together - wonder how many bits will be left over :no_mouth:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information