1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 916 Senna Mk1

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by yev, Oct 20, 2017.

1. i need to get my shock looking same as yours!

2. what number is yours? can you check seat fairing for me pls? do you have red under the grey same as i do?

3. Would have to scratch the paint off to see o_O
    I wouldn't worry re the paint, had several 748's in the "Senna-ish" satin grey and all were originally red underneath - most start out as a std panel and are painted at the factory in the special colour.
    Will put some more pics on here as I go along

4. IMG_0559.JPG
    Does this help - does yours look similar?

5. Top left of the picture on the edge of the seat unit - is that a slight bit of red showing through?

Is is plastic? Looks a bit rough for an injection mould tool but for short runs it could be an aluminium tool.
    Any date stamps might be hidden under the seat support bracket...

6. Mine is exactly the same!

7. Belts are fine to do if you take your time and keep checking.
    Only special tool I bought was a Laser crank turning tool to keep things simple.
    Just download the Gates carbon drive app to your phone to set the tension and get belts from @Exige on here.

8. It is doable.
    I bought one of those facom belt tensioners,makes it a lot easier and you are sure then about the tension.

Henk!!!

9. want to remove my shock and send it for refurb. dont have abba stand. i remeber ive done it on my old R1 by sticking block of wood between the tire and undertray, but undertray on my SENNA is CF so i recon it will crack. are there any other ways of getting shock out without the centre stand? i will have to leave it like this for a week or 2 also i imagine as thats how long it would take to get it rebuild? so need something what will last.

also- aluminium yoke is pitted , anyone knows the best way of getting rid of pitting without actually polishing it?

10. Have you got any way of fixing a sling using a ratchet strap to hold it from the garage ceiling?
    Steve

11. bike is at work. not really any way of suspending it off the ceiling

12. Yev
    I have an Abba stand and have the adaptors (unused still in the bag) i got them at the NEC last year for my 748 (i assume would fit) your more then welcome to borrow, all i would ask is that they are returned as soon as your finished with them, i based not far from the Ford Dunton research centre next to the A127 Essex.
    If its any help let me know, nice bike by the way :upyeah:

13. bike is at work. not really any way of suspending it off the ceiling
    amazing offer, thank you so much... let me see if i know of anyone who can collect/deliver them back to you. and weill be in touch! i am in west london

14. Junction 29, M25 about 6 miles from there.

15. I’m close to the M4 J11 and happy to match Roadtrip’s offer if that works any better for you. Andy

16. I am going on Saturday to Marlow , is it somewhere that direction? Once again, thank for the offer, great help!

17. Depends on what time Saturday as I’m picking up Carole from Gatwick 11:30ish so not here after 10:00 until about 14:00. Andy

18. I need to be in Marlow after 2pm, was planning to get there for 3?

19. I need to dig out the kit tomorrow morning and confirm that I’ve got it all so I’ll send you a PM to confirm. Andy

20. Thanks a lot !

Do Not Sell My Personal Information