1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 916 Spraying Petrol From Tank

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Lazza, Apr 15, 2021.

1. I meant I was speaking in a generalisation with regard to the fact none of us really know what’s going on inside the tank, unless of course that’s been one’s area of practice/expertise.

With regards to the fuel circuit of the 916 type bikes it is as set out above. When pumping the flow rate is of the order of 150ltrs/hour, even at full throttle at max revs the engine won’t use anywhere near that amount hence there’s a lot of fuel ends up back in the tank to be recycled.

Out of curiosity I’m going to try and film one of mine :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Don’t forget wearing swimming goggles. Just in case...

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Ok, done :upyeah:. My 998S so the same fuel pump & circuit etc. It’s a bit tricky trying to hold the phone, focus it and hold the torch to illuminate it but I believe one can see the fuel returning to the tank. IMO this is normal, it is not a split pipe.

• Useful Useful x 4
  4. That's brilliant Paul, well done, cleared that one up for certain afaic, and the best help possible for the O.P. :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Nice one, Paul, that looks normal and my 998S was exactly the same.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yeah Thanks WC Paul - however, if that was all mine was doing I would not have posted on here for advice lol!

I opened my cap and petrol sprayed everywhere! I have it all back together - Ill make a vid myself of the issue (if its still there) taking the pump out and back may have cured it :thinkingface: just to show you guys!

But hey - thanks all so much for the input - its been . . . interesting! Seems no one is really that sure of this system! We shall all be slightly wiser after! :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Agree Lazza, fuel spraying out of the fuel cap is certainly not “normal” and I don’t think it’s correct to generalise just because of two videos despite Paul going to a lot of trouble. The jury is still out on this one afaic, with your findings in mind.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Did you ever get the vid shot ?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information