1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Sps Build. Only Been Stood For 7 Years

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by FirePhil, May 6, 2019.

1. That is a bloody good idea. Will look tonight and see where I can place it and rewire. Bloody kids have kept me out of the garage, so having a beer instead!

2. I've often found when soldering that some try and solder the two wires directly and dry. A better way is to drop some solder on each exposed wire end, then try and solder join the two parts with additional solder. Apologies if this is what was done

In regards to the rr overheating, has anyone tried using a computer fan directly over it like a car fan over a rad? They are small enough to be fitted over the rr and can run from an ignition live

just as an example https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Small-PC...532899?hash=item2829b6ba23:g:P4YAAOSwuJRb9WLc

3. its called tinning..

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Sorry for the delay, went away for the birthday celebrations. Had my 12yr old helping in the garage today. Most of the back end on. Bloody exhaust system is being a pain. About half an inch gap between the frame lug and the exhaust attachment point.

5. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I sprayed a small amount of penetrating fluid in the exhaust joint to help me to move it in to place and line it up

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sounds like a plan. My youngest put the springs on and it's about 10mm away from the frame. Looking at old pics, there is a penny washer pulling it all in. I'll spray if before attempting that and see if it pulls in. All the rear indicators stopped, so I think the lad has shorted something. Also waiting on a chain link before I can put the rear carbon back on and some seat material.
    Screenshot_20190530-193632_Gallery.jpg
    On the plus side, she started up second go, without the end cans and sounded amazing!

8. Right you buggers.... had to go the garage and settle because of your suggestions! Sprayed and tightened up...
    20190530_204933.jpg
    So this is where we are up to.
    20190530_204933.jpg 20190530_204923.jpg 20190530_205024.jpg 20190530_205033.jpg
    And in the middle of putting a connector block on the rear indicators and reg plate light,
    20190530_205015.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. so the fluid trick worked for you? Keep up chipping away at it, will soon be done

10. Sprayed it, bolted it, tapped it. Hopefully with a few rides and the tension on the system it will all settle in position. Top tip, cheers.

11. I normally use molybdenum paste on the exhaust slip joints. Comes apart easier as well. Dont use copper grease, as it has the devils own grip when the base grease has gone.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Had about 3 seats worth of alacantra arrive from Ebay. Found some proper staples, despite B and Q not stocking any and had a quiet night shift to fill. What's the worst that could happen?...
    20190603_211835.jpg 20190603_212010.jpg 20190603_221035.jpg 20190603_221320.jpg 20190603_225034.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  13. Yes, the seat felt rock hard!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hows the bike coming along?

15. He's given up after seeing Paul Phillips front sprocket removal thread :bucktooth:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Or perhaps he acting as guide dog for Mr Pink in that thread;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Yep, you don’t want to go there:mad:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Ran out of money. My part time job dried up. Problem is, it's now mad busy and I have no time to do anything. Looking for a link for an original 525hv chain. Lots of little bits have arrived, so it's very nearly road worthy. Watch this space....promise!

• Like Like x 6
  19. ok, suddenly realised its still wearing the original tyres it was built with. Even the skinflint in me realises that this is NOT a good idea! Sooooo, asking the unaskable question.....what size and what set of rubber to put the old girl back on the road?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information