1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 916 Sps Woes

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Bad-Yeti, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Aye, I know what you mean.

2. It just stops future selling problems:upyeah:

3. 3 shoulder operations in 18 months I can't handle the riding position

4. damn........ i feel your pain:heart:

5. Have you tried webuyanybike?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Thanks Bad-Yeti for the open & transparent discussion, appreciate it.
    Are the 748 wheels the same than the ones that equipped the '98 916 SPS? Didn't have in mind those had the exact same wheels.
    BTW I understand the '98 SPS had the "2nd Gen" 3 spoke wheels hadn't they? Slight differences compared to the earlier '97 SPS wheels as far as I recall.

Do you have the full list of parts that are not original on the bike? I don't recall seeing a complete clear list in the ebay ad.

About the plaque, to me it would have to be an exact replica of the old ones to worth the effort being put on the bike.

7. Hell no :)
    @T500 ouch mate, not nice. Got back surgery coming up in the next few months :/

8. L5/S1?

9. That's the range I also have in mind for a top original condition / rather low mile one.

10. Yep, plus they have to dig some bone out before fusing it.

11. Sounds like what I had. 4-5-6 I think it was, release trapped nerve then fuse the lot back together. Got lovely 8 inch scar that looks like an extension of my arse crack

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. No pictures Thank you:mask:

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Thing is, even at that money likely need a service etc and that could be a grand or two.

From the description sounds like an easy back to factory renovation that’s priced about right for the U.K. market imho

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Thank you :)

15. If needs "a grand or two" service it's not a "top condition" one then IMHO, or I missed something in the logic :)

16. You see plenty advertised as ‘5k miles, mint a1, second owner, never seen rain, belts done 3 years ago and only done 500 miles since’. That would command good money but would need a recommissioning service IMHO which may be £500 belt change or may be more. That’s what I mean :)

17. Ok yes I agree with that also then if we're talking about a bike that has had no recent full service & has not been ridden regularly in some years, that's what I was having in mind when referencing a "1k€ provision for preventive maintenance/service without bigger surprises" in my brainstorming post above about Bad-Yeti's bike.

Coming back to what I'd call a "top condition" bike expected to be in the higher range of selling prices, I'd expect this kind of bike to have the service already done to command top price.

18. Mine has been fully maintained the service history is huge. It's lived on stands, always started and rotated, everything oiled. I would happily welcome any inspection.
    I've not tried to hide anything.
    Yes a few bolts have a tiny bit of surface corrosion, but apart from that, it's in great nick.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Very silly question but when was the last service/belts date:thinkingface:

20. Last belts were 22 months ago, last service was 8 weeks ago

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information